ADVERTISEMENT

Moby, went over to Woods Hole today

Used to go to the billfish tournament at Bay Point in Panama City for years.
I only fished it once. I was on the Board of Mobile Big Game Fishing Club of years and active in our tournaments. I actually built the clubhouse at Orange Beach Marina. I lived on Terry Cove om the north side of the marina. My body hurts today for getting jerked around the Gulf for about 30 years..

You caught “many marlins”? WOW!
Not that many As Tournament Chairman it was my job to insure that all records of tagged fish get gathered and sent to Woods Hole. Over 20 years, it's a lot of fish. Tagging fish became common in tournaments in the 80s. I have had several billfish caught on my various boats by others.

I have personally caught a blue marlin, three or four white marlin and a sailfish. Many large Mahi Mahi, wahoo and yellow fin tuna. The blue weighed 379lbs and I caught it at the mouth of the Mississippi River out of South Pass. On the same trip. I caught a 159lb yellow fin tuna. The tuna pulled harder and longer than the blue.

The blue and the sailfish still hang on the wall in the Mobile Big Game Fishing Clubhouse.(I think)

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Not that many As Tournament Chairman it was my job to insure that all records of tagged fish get gathered and sent to Woods Hole. Over 20 years, it's a lot of fish. Tagging fish became common in tournaments in the 80s. I have had several billfish caught n my various boats by others.

I have personally caught a blue marlin, three or four white marlin and a sailfish. Many large Mahi Mahi, wahoo and yellow fin tuna. The blue weighed 379lbs and I caught it at the mouth of the Mississippi River out of South Pass. On the same trip. I caught a 159lb yellow fin tuna. The tuna pulled harder and longer than the blue.

The blue and the sailfish still hang on the wall in the Mobile Big Game Fishing Clubhouse.(I think)
WOW AGAIN!!!!!! I am talking to a real fisherman. The best I ever did was a 39# yellow cat on a trot line in the Red River South of Coushatta, LA. Good eating. We had a good feast for 26 people.

Reactions: Pops Masterson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT