ADVERTISEMENT

Military experts help me understand,

Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
how do we “lose” an $80 million fighter jet for 24hrs? Don’t those carry some sort of homing beacon or tracker so we can locate it, or at least followed by ground control on radar?

Reactions: Sanctions Stand
I'm sure they have one. But I'm sure they're usually turned off as it is a stealthy fighter.

The transponder was reported to not be working for some reason....part of the investigation. There’s a pall of weirdness about this episode..... pretty sure the pilot has some ‘splaining to do

how do we “lose” an $80 million fighter jet for 24hrs? Don’t those carry some sort of homing beacon or tracker so we can locate it, or at least followed by ground control on radar?

agree... hell I have an air tag on my car keys, easy fix

also... what about failover redundancy? I mean on an $80M asset you should have a plan b and c or at least something better than asking South Carolina farmers if they have seen plane go down

agree... hell I have an air tag on my car keys, easy fix

also... what about failover redundancy? I mean on an $80M asset you should have a plan b and c or at least something better than asking South Carolina farmers if they have seen plane go down
They needed to announce their preferred pronouns before engaging in a search.

Maybe that’s why the plane went down too. Pronoun mismatch

That's sort of like Ron White's bit on the small airplane losing one of its engines.

"How far can one engine take us?"

"All the way to the scene of the crash. Which is convenient because that's where we're headed."

"Bet we beat the ambulances by about 30 minutes."

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT