ADVERTISEMENT

Market crash today….Japan down 8%….war on the horizon

Orange_N_White

All District
Dec 1, 2005
Nice work gator

Dumbass

200w.gif

Read somewhere that NASDAQ has NEVER been down 1000+ points, not even intraday. This sh!t is about to hit the fan. Too late to save your stock portfolio and 401k, but I would damn sure run to the bank and get a bunch of cash out to have on hand.
Only 600 points down now. Auto-trade stop loss triggers got hit that precipitated early trading washouts, and then the buy orders came in to stabilize

Lot of doom and gloom recession articles hit London to trigger a sell off - thanks Daily Mail, and Telegraph. I’m sure the Guardian kept quiet to not disrupt their chosen Dem candidate from losing her ugly sleep

Only 600 points down now. Auto-trade stop loss triggers got hit that precipitated early trading washouts, and then the buy orders came in to stabilize

Lot of doom and gloom recession articles hit London to trigger a sell off - thanks Daily Mail, and Telegraph. I’m sure the Guardian kept quiet to not disrupt their chosen Dem candidate from losing her ugly sleep
Well, “only” down 1,000+ at close…but Trump!…

Read somewhere that NASDAQ has NEVER been down 1000+ points, not even intraday. This sh!t is about to hit the fan. Too late to save your stock portfolio and 401k, but I would damn sure run to the bank and get a bunch of cash out to have on hand.
Did you or others on the board manage your 401k or stock portfolio to prepare for this? I'm just curious. I've always subscribed to the mindset of riding it out. The overall trajectory will trend up.

That being said, I hope to retire in a little under three years. I rebalanced my 401 k about six months ago with that in mind.

Did you or others on the board manage your 401k or stock portfolio to prepare for this? I'm just curious. I've always subscribed to the mindset of riding it out. The overall trajectory will trend up.

That being said, I hope to retire in a little under three years. I rebalanced my 401 k about six months ago with that in mind.

Ordinarily yes but this could be catastrophic and continue. I’m a bit worried

I moved some to bonds a few months ago

Iran touches off some nukes and I’m driving Uber at 70

Ordinarily yes but this could be catastrophic and continue. I’m a bit worried

I moved some to bonds a few months ago

Iran touches off some nukes and I’m driving Uber at 70

Problem is bonds suck as well. Nothing is safe with “Bidenomics”, war, high interest rates and complete dumb azzes at the wheel

My dude made some significant moves about 4 months ago and honestly I thought he was losing his shit. He promised me we were OK and I learned to "trust" him a while back.

I took a hit but it would have been MUCH worse if not for him.

Reactions: Konigstiger

I’ve tried to “time” the market and more times than not it was a huge miss. Riding it out and using dollar cost averaging timed with occasional dips in the market to buy at a slight discount is the way. Then it’s time in the market.

Best advice I every heard was to diversify and use time in the market not timing the market.

Don’t take it Billie! He’s gonna blame you when he finds out the decimal point makes him down 10%.... damn brazillionaires
Yeah I am doing ok managing mine. No way in hell I would manage someone else’s.

Most of mine is in index and mutual funds. I play a few individual stocks and occasionally take profits from them to drop into more index funds.

Then it’s just risk management to keep from losing my shirt. Which is not the same as not taking a loss.

Will be interesting to see where things go from here with the markets. There's obvious weaknesses and it feels like we are delaying the inevitable, but there's been a nice rebound the last 10 days since this thread was started.

raKNWdt6.png
Next couple weeks should be interesting, Dow/Nasdaq/SP500 are all screaming double top.

raKNWdt6.png
Next couple weeks should be interesting, Dow/Nasdaq/SP500 are all screaming double top.
Volatility seems to be the norm as of late and when crack is withheld from the addict…it never ends well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT