ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Basketball Thread

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Who has been the biggest surprise in this conference so far both good and bad?

How do you feel the conference will end up looking at the end of the year?

My projected order of finish:

T1) Pleasant Valley
T1) North Scott
3) Assumption
4) Clinton
T5) Bettendorf
T5) Davenport North
7) Muscatine
8) Davenport West
9) Davenport Central
10 Burlington

As far as surprises, from a player standpoint, I think the freshman Weiskamp has surprised me the most (mainly because I don't follow younger AAU ball that much). The kid is a heady player, is a good shooter from all over the court, and plays pretty good defense. I expect him to get many D1 looks before his HS career is over.

Originally posted by o2bahawk:
My projected order of finish:

T1) Pleasant Valley
T1) North Scott
3) Assumption
4) Clinton
T5) Bettendorf
T5) Davenport North
7) Muscatine
8) Davenport West
9) Davenport Central
10 Burlington

As far as surprises, from a player standpoint, I think the freshman Weiskamp has surprised me the most (mainly because I don't follow younger AAU ball that much). The kid is a heady player, is a good shooter from all over the court, and plays pretty good defense. I expect him to get many D1 looks before his HS career is over.
Wieskamp missed the first half of an AAU game against Assumption KBA and Musky trailed by 10... He scored 24 in the second half to lead them to the win. He already visited Nebraska.

I've seen the PV freshman, sophs, and Varsity.

Freshman is the worst shooting group of the three, which should be expected. Don't take that as a bad thing. The freshman have some talented guards and from what I have seen those guards handled pressure better than most freshman teams I have seen. Not much for post play from the freshman group a few skinny big guys that play pretty much for size.

Sophomore group is impressive. They have shooters everywhere! I watched them warming up and it was impressive how they shot. I wondered if it would translate into the game. Assumption sophomores are one of the highest scoring teams in the MAC, but they also give up a lot of points. It showed! Assumption couldn't get anything to fall in the first half and played bad defensively. Assumption scored 0 points in the first quarter. Trenton Wallace who can be a one man wrecking crew at times scored the only 6 points for Assumption in the second quarter. It was 41-6 at half. Assumption showed up and played well in the second half as they outscored PV 28-24, but 65-33 didn't look pretty at the end regardless. Telling stats of the game... PV shot 78% from the field and 10-14 from behind the Arc! I don't know if that was a fluke performance, but man it was impressive to watch! Trenton Wallace managed 20+ for Assumption.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT