3. Council Bluffs St. Albert;
4. Cedar Rapids Xavier;
5. Iowa City Regina;
6. Waterloo Columbus;
7. ADM (Adel);
8. Ballard (Huxley);
9. Bondurant-Farrar;
10. tie, Decorah and Perry.

Receiving votes: Denison-Schleswig, Dubuque Wahlert, Sergeant Bluff-Luton.

Class 2-A

1. W.D.M. Valley;
2. Bettendorf;
3. W.D.M. Dowling Catholic;
4. tie, Iowa City West and Pleasant Valley;
5. Ankeny;
6. Cedar Rapids Washington;
7. Cedar Rapids Kennedy;
8. Davenport Central;
9. Johnston;
10. Waukee.

Receiving votes: Cedar Rapids Prairie, D.M. Hoover.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880514019

Does anyone else besides me think that Pleasant Valley is overated? I admit that they are a pretty good team but tied for 4th? Who won between Pleasant Valley and Central?

Originally posted by all-gone:
Someone explain to me why Sargent Bluff Luton receive votes in 1A and they are a 2A school?
There is only 2 soccer classes. Did you not notice that W.D.M. Valley, the largest school in Iowa is first in the 2A poll? Wrestling only has three classes and soccer only has 2. There aren't a lot of teams in Western Iowa, NW Iowa especially, that have soccer. The number of teams is low, thus the need for only 2 classes

Okay...I'll ask the same question a different way - There are only 2 classes in Iowa - correct...2A being the largest. Sargent Bluff Luton is one of the schools in the large school (2A) class. So...why are they getting ranking votes for the small school (1A) class? Shouldn't they receive votes for the 2A ranking and not be included in the 1A rankings?

just wanted to say that the rankings are done by the iowa high school soccer coaches association, not the DM Register, so FrostyMitchell doesn't say that this is a biased poll

I don't know if it's biased, or not, however it doesn't mean much at all.

Heck, IC West who is now 13-3 and won the MVC for the 5th straight year, beat Valley early this year, who these guys say is ranked #1???

Good Luck Vtiger............until you play IC West.
cool.gif

PV and Central play tonight (May 15th) at PV. This is a make up for a rain date earlier. Should be a well matched game.

Pleasant Valley 1 Davenport Central 0

Really good game. PV dominated the first half, and got a goal off a cross. Central took over the second half, but was unable to score. Surprisingly neither team played at the peak while the other did. Kraciun is a very good player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT