ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Laffoon.....In or out at Danville?

IF he is out (not saying he is), that will be a legend to replace there. Big shoes to fill IF he is out.

I hear Danville is getting a new recruit from Notre Dame, but it sounds like Mitchel Martin may be leaving to a neighboring school.

I hear Danville is getting a new recruit from Notre Dame, but it sounds like Mitchel Martin may be leaving to a neighboring school.
I have also heard that he is leaving, but not sure if it is just rumor. I have heard specifically that he won't be here more than 2 more years. I know Martin had some issues during track and wasn't allowed to participate at the state meet after qualifying. It will be interesting. Several kids moved into Notre Dame in the Jr High/Elementary level that will make a big impact for years to come. Maybe not this year, but in the following year for sure.

Let the kid go I think its max Marshall? He was a freshman. He is just school shopping looking for a winning team. And has Mitch Martin used up his four year open enrollment obligations. He is from Mt. Pleasant.

I believe the transfer to Danville is Max Wilcox. Mitch Martin will be a Sr. And I think he has one more year of eligibility. I think it's sad how kids and parents are jumping around from team to team.

Wilcox went to ND from the Christian school in town. They way I heard it was because his dad didn't want to go to BHS. And now he seems just to be shopping for a way to the state tournament. Cuz ND ain't gonna have much since the Williams kid left.

I agree that ND won't have much this next season. West Burlington will be a contender this year, and Danville will be tough for one more year. After this season the cupboards go empty.

I believe the transfer to Danville is Max Wilcox. Mitch Martin will be a Sr. And I think he has one more year of eligibility. I think it's sad how kids and parents are jumping around from team to team.
Wilcox to Danville and to add to things the Martin boy is going to New London now. New London has a talented group. That could give Danville a challenge. Seems like we didn't do this switching teams when I was growing up.

I hear ken lafoon is out at Danville. There was a add for a varsity coach in the local paper today. All the buzz is he is gone.

I am guessing this has been in the works for a while as Laffoon was not at a summer tournament I saw Danville play in, but if he just recently resigned--as he may have if the job was just recently posted--he waited to ensure that a current assistant would get the job.

Oh, I was assuming he would still be teaching, just not coaching. In most places--pretty much everywhere except Texas high school football--the two contracts are separate, meaning you can resign one and keep the other if you so choose.

Coach Laffoon has resigned but remains a teacher.. I was told that after 28 years of coaching he just wanted to step down and let someone else take over.. I know he is pushing for his assistant to be the new coach.

Reactions: wareagle216
I was told that the Board accepted his retirement from coaching on Wednesday and because they could not find a suitable replacement they reassigned it to him for one year. Not sure how that works but I think it is because he is a teacher and no teaching position opened up so they gave it back to him.. They can only reassign it to him one time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT