ADVERTISEMENT

It was an Official* 3A State Championship

Rockeyes

Freshman
Feb 27, 2003
I.C. West 3 Ames 2 ---- Iowa City West wins its 4th state championship of the decade. Since 2003, I.C. West has played in ALL but one state championship game. West won championships in 2000 (Nate Kaeding) 2003, 2005, 2009. They played in the championship games in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and won now in n 2009.

Like the NY Yankees are a dynasty in baseball and some writers only consider it an Official* World Series, when the Yankees are in it, the same is true for 3A Soccer in Iowa. It's only an Official* State Championship game, when IC West Trojans are in it, as they always are.
This post was edited on 6/8 10:46 AM by Rockeyes

Yeah, WINNERS........

the regular folk, such a maramadonna either Love or Hate the WINNERS.

glasses.gif

baseballa, back before you were born, say about 10-11 years ago,

A Des Moines register columnist, always wrote that the World Series was only OFFICIAL, if the Yankees, who has won FAR, FAR more world championships than anyone else.

Thus, the very APT comparison to the vaunted, Iowa City West Trojans and their string of CHAMPIONSHIP seasons

Why do you have to put Kaeding's name in next to that year? Was he incredible at soccer or something?

nobody gives a shit its hs soccer....big deal u graduate and its not a big deal...but i guess for u coming from a hs that goes to the championship a lot makes u successful in life...well congrats im happy for you

thats cute but if the best insult you have toward me is that im 11 years old you have some serious issues to deal with outside this forum.

ICW has won 4 titles if im not mistaken?how in any way does that compare to the Yankees?you have a problem with comparing godly numbers of professional teams and international events with that of iowa high school soccer.do you have a life?or is this where you get your jollies off?

If you have followed the boards for the past several years, ICW has talked their championships up but have hand nothing to but failure in the state championship as of late. Let the guy do his victory dance as all ICW fans on here always do. This isn't the first time the Yankees, Christiano Ronaldo, and ICW have all been mentioned in a thread for comparison's sake.

note: sarcasm.

The only thing "Official" about the championship is that the state sponsored it and was there to hand out the trophies. Who participated had nothing to do with it. On any given day, on any given field, any given team can win. That's proven by the fact that no team, in any class, went through the season undefeated.

As stated earlier, 'A 3A State Championship soccer game' is only an OFFICIAL* game, when Iowa City West is in it. (Since they pretty much always are anyway)

Nate Kaeding was All State and won the state championship.........and kicked the winning PK for West in the championship game. Well, he's no mastrioni, or whatever that worthless US team player's name is..........but let's say NATE did OK for himself. Wow.

3dgrin.gif

really buddy? really? ICW was clearly playing the best team in the state in the championship...not

Soccerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Before falling asleep, do tell, who was better than Iowa City West?

Let's see: West High outscored its opponents 11-2 at State?

Are you f....ng kidding?

WDM Dowling Catholic did indeed beat West if I am not mistaken early on in the year at one of the tournaments. That was arguably when Dowling Catholic was at its weakest point this year with all of the suspensions.

Hands down, West was the best soccer team in 3A that I was able to watch play. I thought WDM Valley looked solid but as always, they find a way to choke.

Ankeny could have used another season led by Mr. Misel and company to compete with West.

To be honest, the next best team that could have given West a shot was DM Hoover. However, inconsistency, injuries, and some bad luck this year killed their chances. When Hoover was playing well, they were quite good. As good as West? Hard to tell, two different styles of game. The Hoover/West game the year before proved to be one of the better ones in the entire 2A tournament.

soccerz said: ' agree, Ankeny should have been state champs.
A lot of teams could have easily knocked out ICW'

Put down the Bong pipe. The only team that gave West a game, was Ames, who had already PUNKED Ankeny.

West Rolled Again and it was an Official* 3A State Championship game.

*An Offical 3A State Championship is when Iowa City West plays in the championship, almost every year anyway.

Hey, I'm not the one with the huge hubris, you need to get over yourself.
Iowa City West has a good soccer program, you can see that through their persistent appearances in the championship but you cannot deny that they sports heavily depends on luck and who your team plays and when. Do you really need to devote a whole thread to be an arrogant ass? Didn't think so.

Where is the moderator, here? The adolescent one using foul language should get his come uppance.

4 1A 2 NV---------- You mean the IOWA CITY WEST coach, who had 4 State Championships, has had his team in like 7 State Championships, with a string of State 3A appearances that stretches back to the Eisenhower administration, it seems. You mean that coach?

A certain Hall of Famer.
This post was edited on 6/12 8:00 AM by Rockeyes

your arrogance and constant stupidity is the only sign of adolescence ive noticed thus far so maybe you should look in the mirror before insulting others

Rockeyes - You didn't answer my question. Is he still working as a study hall teacher and still wearing full dress suits to practice? Lord knows he doesn't need to wear a dress suit while sitting in study hall twiddling his thumbs all day.

judging by the arrogance i have seen from all the ICW people, he probably wears all of his medals from his "million state championships"...every day...and constantly talks about them...just like rockeyes...even though no one gives s***... hahaha XD

Good Lord...........Is this guy for real?

'your arrogance and constant stupidity is the only sign of adolescence ive noticed thus far so maybe you should look in the mirror before insulting others'

Hey soccerz---------State Championships mean nothing to your type, eh?
Great.

what the heck does that even mean?
"your type"? haha XD
YOUR type is the kind whose only accomplishment is watching a team he probably doesn't play for win a state championship

Perhaps we should all try to guess the 'accomplishments' of Soccerzzzzzzzzz type????

Maybe he coached a Rec league one time and had a college coach from eastern North Dakota offer him a chance to walk-on at a junior college, but he didn't qualify???

LOL

lol youd don't know me XD plz, that's not even close

also, i'm not the one coming on here and talking all this sh**

soccerzzz is now a bit embarrassed that he's been exposed, here.

But just in case soccerz missed it, from the DMR----

URBANDALE -- It was championship Saturday with the West High boys soccer team

URBANDALE -- It was championship Saturday with the West High boys soccer team

And yes, once again, IT WAS AN OFFICIAL* 3A State Championship Game

*Official 3A State Championship games are played with the Iowa City West Trojan soccer team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT