ADVERTISEMENT

Isn't this frowned upon by the IaHSAA?

newattitude

Freshman
Nov 23, 2006
a€œI train with my coach Pablo Ubasa,a€? Laux
said. a€œIa€™ve been kind of working out with Dan Dennis and I go over to
West and practice with the high school clubs.a€?

I read an article that he is now at Kirkwood and transferring to Iowa next fall.

Only if they are NOT on a college team. High school athletes working out with college athletes is illegal. Also, he should have a coaching authorization, I believe the word ASSIST is where they get you.

DEFINITIONS: (as per Department of Education memorandum--April 12, 2004)

A coach is a person who holds a coaching authorization or coaching endorsement from the Iowa Board of

Educational Examiners, and who diagnoses, prescribes, evaluates, assists, or directs student learning of an

interscholastic athletic endeavor at a practice session or on the field of competition.

A volunteer coach is a person who holds a coaching authorization or coaching endorsement from the Iowa Board of

Educational Examiners, and who diagnoses, prescribes, evaluates, assists, or directs student learning of an
interscholastic athletic endeavor at a practice session or on the field of competition, but does not receive
compensation from a school or school district for his or her efforts.

So since it wasn't HS practice and since he isn't a college wrestler sounds like it is fine.

It is all timing. If it occurred while he was still part of Wisconsin's team, then no it isn't ok. If he wasn't then it is. Anyone know why he went to Kirkwood and not to Iowa?

Originally posted by se xc1:
It is all timing. If it occurred while he was still part of Wisconsin's team, then no it isn't ok. If he wasn't then it is. Anyone know why he went to Kirkwood and not to Iowa?
It is about 10 times cheaper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT