ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anywhere you can watch old state tournament games?

Oct 2, 2014
I was wondering if there were replays available from any recent years? They do such a good job of covering them I would assume they make the videos available in some way, right?

Originally posted by NeverReadTheTermsOfService:
I was wondering if there were replays available from any recent years? They do such a good job of covering them I would assume they make the videos available in some way, right?
I don't know if there's a rule or not about converting and posting some classic state tournament games online to sites like Youtube.

I know the Girls Union got wise and posted just about every 6-player state championship played since they started airing them many decades ago. That was a great move and it was fun to watch some of the old films and see how much the game has changed, both for better and even for worse in some respects (check the fan involvement/numbers back then compared to now..........).

They even have been posting these past couple of years' state championship games. Good marketing move by the Union if you ask me.

The Association may not care, but to be honest I don't even know if anyone has tried either. I know there's a couple decades old games online and a few highlights of close finishes (Eric May buzzer beater, another 3A one from a few years ago), but no full games of anything too recent that I've seen.

I've thought about this myself, as there's a few video recordings of games I'd like to convert and post on Youtube, but again, don't know if you can or not.

I would think if you can now post full college football and basketball games online, you can probably post high school games too. I've started to see some full high school football games, but basketball still seems to be laggin a bit.

Good thing there's Hudl for the coaches.
tongue.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT