ADVERTISEMENT

Is S.C East the Best Team in 4A

Yeah, Arrington (6'10) out against East definitely didn't help. LC has a game against CBAL on 2/7. Should give us a little more insight on their ability. It is hard to gauge them in the H-10. H-10 is tough with good teams and talent...just isn't 4A bball.

They need to join the MRAC. Not sure why that hasn't happened. They already play in the same substate.

After looking at the conference they are in I would agree, a 4A should not be playing in that conference, it benefits no one and most likely hurts the players being recruited.

My guess is it used to be ok but over the years CBLC likely gained a lot of enrollment and now it no longer fits. If I were a player in 4A I would want to play at a highest level possible for a host of reasons.

it looks like the seeding is a bit clearer after tonight scores. East and CBAL should be locks for 1 and 2 seeds, with West most likely a 3 and CBLC 4th, North 5th and CBTJ 6th.

CBAL won by a handful in a game against one of the Omaha Schools. CBLC lost to CBSA a 1A school, according to the radio scores it sounded like double digits.

Should be some good games in the weeks ahead, I think it comes down to East vs CBAL however you better not overlook SC West.

When and where is the meeting at? I would assume it would be at SC East because they're the #1 seed, but I'm not sure.

Without question East is the #1 seed and I would guess CBAL has the number 2 seed fairly locked. If CBLC should happen to upset CBAL then does SC West enter the discussion for the #2 Seed with CBAL dropping to a 3 seed?

I would say it's going to look like this:
1. SC East
2. CBAL
3. Lewis Central
4. SC West
5. SC North
6. CBTJ

SC West / CBTJ winner gets SC East
SC North / CBLC winner gets CBAL

I like SC West #3 over CBLC based on CBLC poor strength of schedule and losing to 1A CBSA last week by 10. I believe CBAL and CBLC play either tonight or tomorrow night, if LC beats them them I'll go with your rankings... if not then West gets #3 IMO

Pretty sure that it's only a matter of time before CBLC becomes a full member of the MRC. They had enough enrollment to do so years ago, and they've only gotten bigger.

We would welcome them with open arms from Siouxland:) It seems like the logical thing to do, it makes no sense to play a schedule that consists of 1A through 3A Teams when you're a 4A.

I am standing by my Original posting, East Advances to State with a double digit win over the CBAL. Let the fun begin

I am standing by my Original posting, East Advances to State with a double digit win over the CBAL. Let the fun begin

Lewis Central does this every year. The get fat and happy on those small schools and then get the daylights beat out of them by whoever is the good team that year. One year they were in the substate final with East and they had a decent team but they had a couple really dirty players and one of them took a cheap shop on the older Woodbury kid and dropped him. It was ugly but he did not get hurt i remember.

West "should" be the 3 seed but because of that fattened record they fall to 4th.

Reactions: Iafootballfan
We would welcome them with open arms from Siouxland:) It seems like the logical thing to do, it makes no sense to play a schedule that consists of 1A through 3A Teams when you're a 4A.

Well, if they did become an MRC member, they would be playing 3A teams Heelan and SB-L (except for football). And, like the other 4A teams in the conference, they would find those particular 3A teams to be more than a handful.

I
Well, if they did become an MRC member, they would be playing 3A teams Heelan and SB-L (except for football). And, like the other 4A teams in the conference, they would find those particular 3A teams to be more than a handful.

Agree it would be a step up for CBLC in basketball and good for everyone involved.
Football is another story, they have butt beat all the SC Team and SBL ( except Heelan :). Will give them credit where credits do.

Let the fun begin, some good games scheduled for Friday. I like S.C East over S.C West by 15 and CBAL over CBLC by 10.

I would agree with that prediction. I like East at home, even though West has played them tough this season. Coach Vanderloo will have those boys ready to go. I would like to see that Lewis Central / AL game. If AL brings energy they will beat them by 20+

Hard to predict the 2 CB Teams, I think the weak schedule that CBLC played will end up being the difference. They both show similar records however CBLC only shows 4 games against 4A Teams and got beat by a 1A a few weeks back. I just don't get why they play that type of schedule.

I agree with West, it might be a good one...could be the shocker if East overlooks them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT