ADVERTISEMENT

If only we had Metchie and Williams, we would have won

I disagree that it was the worst game you played. I’d argue you played worse against the like of South Carolina, UAB, and Auburn. I think uga was a very vulnerable team the first half of the season, there just wasn’t a matchup during that time that was able to take advantage. Both uga and bama improved a bunch throughout the season. I think if this game was played 10 times, uga probably wins 6 or 7 of them. That said, I was much more in favor of the outcome today than uga winning.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Congrats Bammer boys. We played our worst game of the year at the wrong time and you guys took advantage of it. Oh, and Gator, gfy
I did notice that both Mcconkey and Bowers made key plays on the last scorings drive under 2:30. Ours were just out of the game.

I disagree that it was the worst game you played. I’d argue you played worse against the like of South Carolina, UAB, and Auburn. I think uga was a very vulnerable team the first half of the season, there just wasn’t a matchup during that time that was able to take advantage. Both uga and bama improved a bunch throughout the season. I think if this game was played 10 times, uga probably wins 6 or 7 of them. That said, I was much more in favor of the outcome today than uga winning.

Agree, that's how I saw it.

UGA was clearly hampered by injuries but the UGA team we saw last night was still much better than the UGA mid-season or so. Both teams improved a great deal in that regard.

Yours were pvssies

I laughed...but I think it was Nessler who made the point, and I can't help but wonder if he was right, did having my myhonkey and Bowers out there ultimately help or hurt UGA?

IMO myhonkey was still able to play at a high level but he had to leave the game regularly. Bowers couldn't make cuts or accelerate like he normally would have. So I think myhonkey helped UGA while having Bowers out there hurt. JMO

Reactions: dhetiger
I laughed...but I think it was Nessler who made the point, and I can't help but wonder if he was right, did having my myhonkey and Bowers out there ultimately help or hurt UGA?

IMO myhonkey was still able to play at a high level but he had to leave the game regularly. Bowers couldn't make cuts or accelerate like he normally would have. So I think myhonkey helped UGA while having Bowers out there hurt. JMO
Amd Mims went out at RT early which I think contributed to the whipping your DL applied after that first drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137

Bowers probably helped because, even at less than 100%, he's dangerous. The problem was that the 2 injured guys remained the primary targets, which was stupid.

Bowers probably helped because, even at less than 100%, he's dangerous. The problem was that the 2 injured guys remained the primary targets, which was stupid.

It just didn't look like he could cut to create separation and get open and then he couldn't accelerate when he did get the ball.

Bowers is without a doubt my favorite non-Bama player but he was a shell of himself last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT