ADVERTISEMENT

If freeze was paying attention he’d be on the phone with

GwinnettDawg

All Conference
Aug 7, 2001
Brock Vandagriff. I really thought he was gonna be the man but Beck stepped up. But Griff is a baller. Report is Kentucky is the strong leader.

Rumor has it Deacon Hill of Iowa is available. (sarcasm, just observe at the Citrus Bowl🙄)

Last edited:
Just as many have jumped in the portal as have committed. Wonder if Reverend Freezus told them to go find God somewhere else?
A thread started about a UGa QB jumping into the portal, and that's what you came up with? As far as the AU WRs leaving, I'd argue they were never there. Scholarships are renewed annually. Prove you deserve one if you want to stay

Reactions: ZosoDawg
A thread started about a UGa QB jumping into the portal, and that's what you came up with? As far as the AU WRs leaving, I'd argue they were never there. Scholarships are renewed annually. Prove you deserve one if you want to stay

Whilst I appreciate your POV, Saban took some shit for having a similar outlook on annual scholarships.

Reactions: dustinator
Corch Prime, dat you bruh?

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger
Not from me. I was the one who said people who think offering a kid a 4 year scholarship is a good idea is a fvcking moron. Kids on academic scholarship keep it by making good grades each year. Athletes should earn theirs annually.
Daughter is 10 (as you know) and a decent athlete for her age. Just got cut from a travel volleyball team after being the only 10 year old invited to try out.

Tough conversation, but after the emotional “I’m never doing this again” shit, we had the “what do you think you could’ve done better” conversation and her overall response made me proud as hell. No handouts or freebies in the Pops household, get your ass out there and earn it.

Instilled this in her at a very young age when I would beat dat ass in Old Maid or Hide n Seek. Yeah go hide behind that chair lil girl, I will find your ass.

Tough conversation, but after the emotional “I’m never doing this again” shit, we had the “what do you think you could’ve done better” conversation and her overall response made me proud as hell.

The main difference between my children was the amount of time between that first conversation and the second one.

I bet you were proud.

Daughter is 10 (as you know) and a decent athlete for her age. Just got cut from a travel volleyball team after being the only 10 year old invited to try out.

Tough conversation, but after the emotional “I’m never doing this again” shit, we had the “what do you think you could’ve done better” conversation and her overall response made me proud as hell. No handouts or freebies in the Pops household, get your ass out there and earn it.

Instilled this in her at a very young age when I would beat dat ass in Old Maid or Hide n Seek. Yeah go hide behind that chair lil girl, I will find your ass.
Sounds a lot like how my son learned to deal with defeat. We had a ping pong table where I was working offshore and I got pretty good at it. While at my brother's house once he had a ping pong table set up in garage and my son 14 or 15 at the time was beating everyone pretty bad and challenged his dad to a game and I told him I didn't know much about the game but thought I could give him a pretty good game and he got a laugh out of that statement. We played one game and he never even got my serve back on the table. Told him to be careful who you challenge , all is not what it appears. Like you when he did win a game at anything with me me damn well earned it. BTW, he never wanted to play me at ping pong again.

What a novel idea. Allowing your child to face some adversity to learn how to deal with it. To face "failure" and look at it as an opportunity to get better. I think the wisest thing ever muttered by a coach is "you learn more from a loss than you ever will from a win." It's precisely why kids should play sports, and they shouldn't face this "don't keep score" bullshit.

Why the fvck do parents these days feel it's necessary to shield their children from almost everything. The only you are teaching them is how to be a Progressive Democrat, and you are turning this country into the largest collection of pvssies on the planet.

Sounds like we have a bunch of Neanderthals who prey on the weakness of children, they need more safe spaces to escape these brutes…..there, this message brought to you by the progressive people’s liberation movement.

Great examples of parenting from all of you...

My mom (RIP) had the best mentality of raising kids. She said she looked at it like a job, and she had 13 years to get us to grow up and be productive citizens. I asked her 'why 13 years'? She said, 'because after that you start listening to you friends more and I've got to teach you about how life really is before they can sway you'. Perfect!

She was fair but tough... one of the best lessons I got was from HER mother, who I went to live with for 2 years finishing up college. She charged me RENT! $75/mo!! Her only grandson, and she charged me rent... I had enough problems paying for gas and scraping by to save money for a date night. I told mom she was the meanest woman on the planet. I was already working at the hospital every other weekend from 11p Friday night to 7a Monday, then school started at 8a. For 2 years! Here comes the lesson...

At our graduation ceremony (of course, I was Valedictorian 😁), after my 'speech', she came up to me and handed me a Congrats card... in it was a check for every dime I paid her for rent. Damn. She pointed her finger at me and said 'life is tough, and you have to know what its like to struggle to survive'!!

You can see where my mom got it from. Best lesson ever.

Great examples of parenting from all of you...

My mom (RIP) had the best mentality of raising kids. She said she looked at it like a job, and she had 13 years to get us to grow up and be productive citizens. I asked her 'why 13 years'? She said, 'because after that you start listening to you friends more and I've got to teach you about how life really is before they can sway you'. Perfect!

She was fair but tough... one of the best lessons I got was from HER mother, who I went to live with for 2 years finishing up college. She charged me RENT! $75/mo!! Her only grandson, and she charged me rent... I had enough problems paying for gas and scraping by to save money for a date night. I told mom she was the meanest woman on the planet. I was already working at the hospital every other weekend from 11p Friday night to 7a Monday, then school started at 8a. For 2 years! Here comes the lesson...

At our graduation ceremony (of course, I was Valedictorian 😁), after my 'speech', she came up to me and handed me a Congrats card... in it was a check for every dime I paid her for rent. Damn. She pointed her finger at me and said 'life is tough, and you have to know what its like to struggle to survive'!!

You can see where my mom got it from. Best lesson ever.

My dad did something similar to me after college...

...except he never gave me the money back. 😂 $250 per month btw. I don't think he was teaching me a lesson so much as he was telling me to GTFO of his house. 😂

Now he lives with me. Rent free ftr.

My dad did something similar to me after college...

...except he never gave me the money back. 😂 $250 per month btw. I don't think he was teaching me a lesson so much as he was telling me to GTFO of his house. 😂

Now he lives with me. Rent free ftr.
You better not be charging YOUR kids rent right now to get even with him.

You better not be charging YOUR kids rent right now to get even with him.

If I am, their mother is paying it using "her money." 🤔

My oldest is at Rice now and she's kicking ass and taking names. That kid was hell to raise but she is WAY tougher than I was at her age. She got it honestly...learned her lessons the hard way.

If I am, their mother is paying it using "her money." 🤔

My oldest is at Rice now and she's kicking ass and taking names. That kid was hell to raise but she is WAY tougher than I was at her age. She got it honestly...learned her lessons the hard way.
Good for her, and a great school

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Good school, liberal AF tho. And I'm scared to death when she leaves campus.

She laughs and says..."these weirdos make me look like you dad. Suddenly I'm the old white conservative male."

Pardon me....old????
Duds is old. I've heard that before....

Duds is old. I've heard that before....

It's becoming a theme. 😂

My wife was facetiming my daughter while simultaneously riding my ass about the kitchen trash. I walked by my wife and her phone shirtless, a bit annoyed, carrying the trash out.

Her roommate Madelyn from the background..."dude your dad is ripped." 😂🤣😂

I haven't been the same man since. My wife and daughter both knew the shit-talking had begun. The pained look on their faces was worth the price of admission.

It's becoming a theme. 😂

My wife was facetiming my daughter while simultaneously riding my ass about the kitchen trash. I walked by my wife and her phone shirtless, a bit annoyed, carrying the trash out.

I haven't been the same man since. My wife and daughter both knew the shit-talking had begun. The pained look on their faces was worth the price of admission.
That's glorious! The best part is your daughter supporting handicapped roommates!

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
It's becoming a theme. 😂

Proof God has a sense of humor, and every so often we benefit from it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT