ADVERTISEMENT

ICW at Bett

HawkeyeDenny

Varsity
Sep 4, 2006
Hey Frosty Mitchell, how have you been? What are people's thoughts on the game Friday nite? Bett has played no one really so I am anxious to see how the game goes.

really? bett hasn't played anyone? they've beaten both #6 PV and #10 Davenport Central.

Nope, those 2 teams are average teams at best and would lose a lot more in Central Iowa and even MVC. Bett did win tonite 2 - 1 on 2 Tyler Brewer goals in last 20 minutes after ICW tied it up he got the 2nd one with 2 minutes left.

I thought Bett barely won the scoreless first half, but ICW clearly won the first 20 minutes of the second half and had a few good looks to score but couldn't.

Brewer scored his fisrt goal off of a defender deflection and the second one was a mistake in the defensive backfield that really was bad soccer.

Not going to say much else or gloat because ICW always get Bett at state or at least most of the time. Good soccer game between 2 great programs.

Come on Denny, no love for your fellow MAC teams, PV and Central "avg at best." Bett beat PV 1-0 in the second OT and didn't exactly crush Central. I think they both deserve a little more credit than "avg at best."

As for the ICW game, Bett didn't take a legitimate shot until the second half and the first Brewer goal was an own goal, ICW keeper had the shot measured until his defender deflected it.

I hope the 'Dogs get another shot at ICW at state and so they can prove again who the dominant team in Eastern Iowa is.

Hey Denny: Thanks for the report on the game, as I didn't make it over to Bettendorf. Sounded like a good match, however, I will say that I do know that ICW has a couple of key injuries, right now, but won't use it as an excuse and hope they're at full strength heading to the playoffs.

qcgymrat says-----------'I hope the 'Dogs get another shot at ICW at state and so they can prove again who the dominant team in Eastern Iowa is.'

SORT OF LIKE LAST YEAR, HUH GYMRAT, WHERE ICW BOUNCED BETT FROM THE STATE TOURNEY THAT EVERYONE IN BETT JUST ASS=umed They would WIN?!?! LOL By the way, NEVER AssUme.

the Mac is not that good this year it was a good win for bett but Central and pv are very average and bett is just a little bit better but prob. the weakest bett team in 10-15 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT