ADVERTISEMENT

Ian looks to be bad

My sons high school has already rescheduled their homecoming game to Thursday night. Talk of cancelling school Friday. That’s here in the Athens area.
Given the tracks they are showing that might be prudent. Those storms are usually a lightweight by the time they get up here, but still enough to tear shit up for a few days.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
I wouldn’t think it would be much more than a rainmaker by the time it got to central/northern GA.
Rain and wind take down the big trees up here. Older neighborhoods with big trees and overhead power lines get whalloped pretty good. When Irene or whatever that storm was named in 2017 I lost power for about 2-3 days. Not the end of the world but it was like car camping for a couple of nights. No damage though. Zeta took down a tree in 2020. Thankfully that house was a rental so the owner had to fuss with it.

Rain and wind take down the big trees up here. Older neighborhoods with big trees and overhead power lines get whalloped pretty good. When Irene or whatever that storm was named in 2017 I lost power for about 2-3 days. Not the end of the world but it was like car camping for a couple of nights. No damage though. Zeta took down a tree in 2020. Thankfully that house was a rental so the owner had to fuss with it.
I was in Tampa for Irene. She went east of us and we got just a bunch of wind for about 12 hrs it seemed. Finally went outside and a port-a-potty from down the street was in my driveway.

Oh I know storms can do that in north/central GA. Michael effed up a lot of central and East GA too. We’ve had a handful mess up areas around Birmingham too. Ian is going to nearly stall either in the gulf or over Florida, and it’ll weaken as it gets pulled north. I don’t think there will be much wind left by the time it gets into GA

200.gif

Folks are in Destin this week. They’re supposed to head back Friday. Wouldn’t mind if they come back a day or so early considering I’ve got 4 dogs til they get back (their 3 plus mine).

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Folks are in Destin this week. They’re supposed to head back Friday. Wouldn’t mind if they come back a day or so early considering I’ve got 4 dogs til they get back (their 3 plus mine).
4 dogs? That’s almost a full time gig. Unless you are my shithead neighbor and let them bark all day and night.

You just know the legacy media is praying for a “Katrina-like” event in FL to 💩 on Desantis….never mind what happens to the people.
But of course. NONE of their policies are truly for the people. It's all about expanding their power. When most people wake up, it will be too late and they will be as fooked as the rest of us.

Reactions: Reasoned
Here’s the solution to all future hurricanes……elect Democrats and they’ll disappear:
Do these people not understand how absolutely absurd and ridiculous they sound……of course not.

• Haha
Reactions: derek_tiger
Hate to say I told you so……
The left is thoroughly disgraceful.
Never let a crisis go to waste.

Republicans just need to start playing the same game as the left. Example:Liberals don’t lie, they disseminate “non-facts.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT