ADVERTISEMENT

IAHSAA and Varsity Bound

cjm3260

Freshman
Jan 4, 2016
Are they not going to post the scores on the IAHSAA website? Or are they all going to just be on Varsity Bound?

Schools enter everything on Varsity Bound already. No reason to duplicate the process.

Aren’t there only a couple of entry dates you have to meet?
So, stats and scores aren’t necessarily required to be entered each week?

Reactions: rc1963
I’m not sure if it is state rule or district rules but every district I’ve seen makes it so that each team has there stats in by Tuesday

Aren’t there only a couple of entry dates you have to meet?
So, stats and scores aren’t necessarily required to be entered each week?

Most of the time, whomever is responsible at each school puts the score in right away (some even update during the game), and then they go back and enter the game stats later.

This also really puts the onus on the school/AD/coach, instead of the IHSAA staff having to chase down scores by calling coaches/ADs at midnight on Friday nights.

Most of the time, whomever is responsible at each school puts the score in right away (some even update during the game), and then they go back and enter the game stats later.

This also really puts the onus on the school/AD/coach, instead of the IHSAA staff having to chase down scores by calling coaches/ADs at midnight on Friday nights.
If it's like the other sports, there are a couple stats apps that directly connect to VB. If they keep their stats online, they'll auto-update on VB. I think those are the schools who show "in-game" updates.

Until that becomes the norm, I watch Twitter and search the #iahsfb hashtag

I’ve been getting stats from Varsity Bound for my radio gig for the past several years. There hasn’t been hardly any issues with stats being updated every week, sometimes over the weekend, but always by Monday or Tuesday. When the move to Varsity Bound started it was more hit-or-miss, but the last few seasons it’s been great.

Friday night live scores on Varsity Bound, I dunno. I use Twitter for that. I can’t say how quickly all of Friday’s scores get into VB, but it probably can’t be worse than the IHSAA website that often had missing scores into the beginning of the following week.

I can’t say how quickly all of Friday’s scores get into VB, but it probably can’t be worse than the IHSAA website that often had missing scores into the beginning of the following week.

Which goes back to the schools not entering info like they were supposed to (or entering it wrong), and IHSAA staff having to chase it down.

Reactions: KidSilverhair
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT