ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson V Avoca

Aug 9, 2018
talk about a great championship game. Both teams have performed well through out the season. It’s an EAST V WEST game to which always has people stirred up. I’ll take Hudson 28 Avoca 14

Anyone have insight on either team and or opinions please share!

Watched both games today. These teams are very similar offensively. Both like to run out of a 4 wide set. Each team has an elite RB. Each team has playmakers at WR.

I’d expect both defenses to key on the opponent’s RB. Likely comes down to which QB executes their offense better.

Reactions: GarriganFan12
I remember watching AHSTW play against St. Edmonds in a 2nd round playoff game about 4 years ago. They got walloped pretty good by a St. Edmonds team that probably would've won Class A this year (just referencing how far it seems they've fallen given that they're now in A) but I also remembered how extremely young AHSTW was. They didn't have immediate success the following season but I believe since then they've been consistently at or near the top of their district and making noise in the playoffs since then.

AHSTW wins by 7 is my prediction. Hudson is a lot better coached than ED-CO is so I don’t expect Hudson to play AHSTW stud WR in press man coverage with no help over the top....I expect a 35-28 ball game. Coin flip who takes it.

I think Avoca has made playoffs for the past 15 years or so straight. Not sure the exact number. They always seem to have a pretty good football team. Coach Pattee and company know how to get the younger kids to step up into an important roll. I have also watched both teams play. I think Avoca will start out a little slow but eventually figure out the Hudson offense. I think they will pick it up and win by 2 scores. Vikings headed to title town.

To me this is will be very competitive game, I usually go with the team I see as more battle tested which I think is Hudson. I see it being a 35-28 type of game, both teams are well coached, and both have playmakers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT