ADVERTISEMENT

How do you feel overall about the quick playoff turnaround/lack of recovery

Take a game out and spread it out. 4 games (last regular season game to quarterfinal game) in 15 days is definitely too much. Lots of travel as well. Top 3 instead of Top 4 with District champion getting a first round bye.

Unfortunate that this comes with the cold weather each year, with cold bodies on hard slick ground, in tougher competition, with less healing time, increasing chances of injury. Move the playoffs to the start of the season when it's warm and everyone is fresh.
wink.r191677.gif

Given the prevalence of injuries in football that we all like to ignore, it's another point in favor of a pruned playoff system.

I think it is way to much. Football is awfully tough on the body, especially young kids. Should keep it at once a week games.

Drop to the top three teams in a district and give the D-winner a bye..

Giving district champions a bye does nothing to stretch out the schedule. Under that scenario, a district winner would still have to play four games in 18/19 days if they made the finals. Make week zero the opener for everyone and we can play the first three rounds all on Fridays.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just take the top 2 from each district,football is way too tough on the body to play so many games in such a short period of time.I'll bet IHSAA won't even consider this.Money is more important to them than the kids safety.

I agree. We have a big enough sample size to know that the 3 and 4 teams in a district are typically not competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT