ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Bill, those bridge tournaments…

It sure seem to attract some interesting characters, ever meet Bill Gates….or better yet Mila?
Never met them, but I was in a tournament once with Warren Buffet, the supposed 5(?) richest man in the world. He is an avid bridge player. I also played against Omar Sharif(?). He was the son I believe of the Aga Kahn. Sharif was a tremendous player and played on teams contesting for the World Championship several times.

Bridge was the favorite avocation for a lot of well known people. Eisenhower loved to play bridge. I knew Gates was an avid player but was never where he played which I think was mostly on the west coast. Down thru the years I did play against many famous players and bridge professionals who had won world championships. Charles Goren, Josephine Culbertson, Johnmy Crawford, Eddie Wold, Dan Morse, Bobby Wolfe, Oswald Jacoby. The Aces team, and a lot of others . These people were as well known to a huge segment of people in the world as a lot of politicians, movie stars, great athletes, etc.

Reactions: Reasoned
Crawford from "The Rifleman"?
Nope. The Johnny Crawford to whom I was referring was a famous bridge bridge player and multiple world and national champion. I have a story about playing against him I may relate one day. In a hurry to go eat now ,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT