ADVERTISEMENT

Hempstead at CF

CFTigers68

Freshman
Oct 18, 2018
I have read a lot about the improving Mustangs in the forum. I hear that there is some coaching discontinuity this season, a different offensive philosophy, good skill players, etc.

Tell me more and how tonight is shaping up.

Hempstead looks physical up front on the O-Line, but are they good enough to negate CF's defensive strength?

It looks like the passing game is a challenge for them. One-dimensional going into the Dome might be tough. Bett handled them relatively easily, but there's likely more that won't show up in highlights and stats.

They have a huge line, and some talented skill guys. Their QB is definitely run first. Think he's at about 40% completions on the year. Just changed offenses at beginning of year from Wing T, and now with coaching change, I don't know if they have made more changes. I think they were beaten up pretty bad by Bettendorf. I believe that morale is probably pretty low. I think their back 7 are pretty vulnerable. I would guess that CF should easily handle them, but if they get it going up front and make it a grind em out battle, I think they could hang. probably 35-7 or 21-7 type of game.

Thanks for the reply. I have no reason for any animosity towards either the high schools or the city of Dubuque. Just curious. I did enjoy them destroying Iowa City High. The coaching changes make it tough on the kids

I think that this district will be one of the hardest, most evenly matched top to bottom in the state. I think CF is obviously the class of the district, Senior plays Prairie tonight. I think whoever comes out of that will be second. Waterloo West seems to have a chance as well. I think aside from CF, any of the others could beat each other on any given night. I think IA City West who is currently 0-4 wins their district.

Well, that was a great football game. Honestly, Hempstead was more than ready. The second half TOP was completely dominated by Hempstead.

The officiating at the hs level in Iowa has to improve. So many poor calls all over the place. Every week. Grounding calls not called, safeties not called, holding is over the top. Not saying all go against against CF....just bad all the way around.

Reactions: CF_93
Well, that was a great football game. Honestly, Hempstead was more than ready. The second half TOP was completely dominated by Hempstead.

The officiating at the hs level in Iowa has to improve. So many poor calls all over the place. Every week. Grounding calls not called, safeties not called, holding is over the top. Not saying all go against against CF....just bad all the way around.
Yeah, having seen Hempstead previously, they’re an improved team (ditching the wing option helped).
As far as poor officiating goes...having witnessed first hand last years Bett/Dowling semifinal debacle, perhaps they lose their judgment in the Dome!

Reactions: CF_93
I think CF is lacking a backfield or a consistent RB that they are so accustomed to having.

You cannot keep your Defense off the field if you cannot grind it out. That and the fact that CF can score almost from anywhere on the field and fast most of the time.

Defensively I still say they should press the receivers at the line of scrimmage, to give up a 1st down on a pass play when you have them in 3rd and long just does not make any sense. Yes it will happen once in awhile.

In not a fan of the Prevent Defense and Hempstead can proved me right with a minute can left in the he game and they almost score 80yds away. If your Defense kept them from scoring most the game then why switch to a Prevent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT