ADVERTISEMENT

Heelan's Solsma heading to Morningside!

The state of Iowa has some serious NAIA power

Just out of curiosity was this on KWWL?

Not a high D-1 level (starting) QB, but I would have loved to see what he would have done with a UNI-type offer. He would likely have redshirted to start, but I think he would have been good. Congrats though.

Agreed.. I really thought he might end up at UNI.. w/ ex UNI QB Pat Grace as his O-Cord at Heelan...but, to each their own.. He might have had an offer to go elsewhere, but chose to go to M'side..

i too thought solsma would end up in some place like uni....nothing wrong with moringside though, and close to home. i believe coach bladt from harlan is an alumni there.

interesting ., didn,t know that.

This post was edited on 2/1 4:03 AM by ronsss

For the record..Trent Solsma did have D2 offers. He CHOSE Morningside. They have great coaches, an excellent football program that wins, great academics and an offer he couldn't refuse. Morningside will also allow him to play Heelan baseball this summer. It will be fun to watch him and some other local kids this fall at Morningside. Go Mustangs!

Great to see Trent sign with the Mustangs. He will do awesome. From one Heelan parent to another, and now from one Mustang to another it is great to be a Crusader and Mustang. Good for him and congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT