ADVERTISEMENT

Heelan - Western Christian

Surprised??? #1 vs. #1 was a great matchup. Great game in a packed gym! Sioux City Journal says the game had 5 ties, 19 lead changes including 11 in the final 5 minutes. Both teams looked very good!

Sounds like it was a great game - there were many on this board earlier this season that were saying Western Christian might be the best team in the State.

And they might be....but not on this night. Strange season- heelan beats western...but heelan only beat Kuemper by 7- East sac county beat Kuemper by 8 and Manson Northwest Webster beat East sac by 24 the other night. Maybe we are the best team in the state!!!! But that cannot be because we lost to Estherville and Newell fonda- who knows!!

Basketball is a strange game- so many variables go into the outcomes of a game.

Any given night any team can win any game...that is why they play the game...I'm sure there are some teams that have not had all their players hitting on the same night...even good teams. That is why there are upsets too... Love this time of year

You are right there- great time of the year for some upsets.....coaches need to get their teams peaking with the tourney just around the corner. I am guessing Heelan and Western will both be fine in the tourney.

I was at the game I have an interest as WC is in our conference and we have beaten Heelan this year. I love to watch both of these teams as they both have great teams and very well coached. I am still trying to figure out how Heelan or anyone could win a game getting out rebounded 50-26 !! Every time I have seen WC play it amazes me the offensive rebounds they get on the flip side I believe WC had 21 turnovers which is un characteristic of them. It does go to show you EVERYONE is beatable. Heelan had a tiny bit of luck in the last shot and was orchestrated beautifully. Bc Moore had predicted WC to win by almost 15 pts !!! Hats off to both teams and coaches they played their hearts out. !

I was also at the game, one of the betters games I have seen in the past few years. WC missed a lot of shots i believe was the difference. Kudos to heelan they played very, very well. 2A teams better pack a lunch if they want to keep it close otherwise we are all playing for second. WC rotates 11 players and they don't drop off at all.

Husker I have heard from everybody who has seen WC play that it will take a monumental upset for anybody to beat them this year in 2A - not that it cannot happen- but they appear to be the clear favorite...lucky for the rest of us there are 7 other spots in the dance to battle for, but they appear to be the best team.

Yes it will, BUT, it is possible. You will need to rebound very well, get back on defense quickly after a missed shot, and most of all be in shape with a near perfect substitution rotation. They rotate 11 girls and they do not fall off. But like I said they are beatable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT