ADVERTISEMENT

Great Matchups in Sully

Jan 23, 2014
Looks like both the Girls and Boys games at Lynnville-Sully should be great tonight. The LS girls are 18-0 and the Monte girls are 17-1, with their only loss being to LS. Just the opposite for the boys. The Monte boys are 16-0 and the LS boys are 15-1, with their only loss being in double overtime to Monte.

Both should be great games...... Still don't understand why the students at sully are allowed to sit on the end of the stage.....legs pretty much dangling on the court....most places you can't even sit in the front row of the bleachers...always been that way...just find it strange.....looking forward to seeing the scores tonight.

Both should be great games...... Still don't understand why the students at sully are allowed to sit on the end of the stage.....legs pretty much dangling on the court....most places you can't even sit in the front row of the bleachers...always been that way...just find it strange.....looking forward to seeing the scores tonight.

Played there in high school and they had elementary/junior high kids sitting on the edge of the stage, you were inches away from them if you had to inbound a ball on that sideline. Can't believe nobody has griped enough to get things changed there. I personally thought it was pretty neat and a great environment to play in! Always looked forward to travelling to Sully once a year.

Wow......didn't see that coming from the boys game. Monte getting blown out pretty surprising. Anyone there that can offer details of the game? Still......SICL west is by far the better half.....really hate seeing the conference go to split divisions. Guess it's the way things are going....probably can see the conference adding even more in future, unfortunately.

I would say the main keys to the game were:
6-5 Kyle Van Dyke from LS dominated the game on both sides of the floor. Don't know the official stats- but I'm guessing 18 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocked shots.

LS was able to handle the press and didn't turn the ball over. I'm guessing LS only had 6-7 turnovers for the game and they didn't lead to run outs and easy baskets for Montezuma. LS's ball movement was a lot better than the first game.

LS was able to make it a half court game. LS played good perimeter defense and Van Dyke altered many shots. Monte didn't have too many open looks and they were cold from 3 point land.

I was very surprised at the game. LS jumped out to an early lead and Monte was never really close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT