ADVERTISEMENT

GMG vs BCL-UW Week 8

gmgwolverine05

Freshman
May 21, 2008
GAME OF THE WEEK!

When GMG wins, they will all but lock up the 4th spot in district 4! I watched GMG handle Iowa Valley last week, and I know BCLUW won't be any tougher.

BCLUW has us and Iowa Valley left, so they will get one more win against Iowa Valley putting them at 3 district wins, and Belle Plaine has North Tama left giving them 3 district wins.

I see us beating BCLUW, and an outside shot at Gladbrook Reinbeck, so I think the 3rd or 4th spot will be ours, and then BCLUW and Belle Plaine will fight out for 4th!

oh-lord-please-make-it-stop-sad-hill-news.jpg

BCLUW by 6-16 points

You have NO shot against G-R if they play their starters, they will have the district title wrapped up by then so they may rest some people and allow you to keep it within 30 points.

Also this is in no way the game of the week the following games are much better

Akron Westfield vs. Lawton Bronson
Belmond Klemme vs. Garrigan
Turkey Valley vs. Postville
Montezuma vs. BGM
East Mills vs. Griswold
LoMa vs. AHST

There are also others but I don't want to make my list too long

Yes, I agree all of those are good games, but there is a good possibility that three teams in district 4 could end up 3-3 and that would make it very interesting for the 3rd and 4th spot. I do think my Wolverines are going to take care of business this Friday and next, so they control their own fate. They are really starting to roll, and play well. I don't see anyone on BCL-UW's team that can run with any of our backs. Even our QB has gotten better and has thrown for 200+ yards in the last couple games. He has about 600 yards and 4 TDs, and two of our backs are around 400 yards a piece. Speed, too much speed!!

This is in no way the game of the week. These two are a combined 7-7.

GMG could be eliminated from the playoffs Friday.

IMO Montezuma @ BGM is the game of the week.

Just to bring a little reality to the situation:

GMG is 4-3 on the year.

There are 63 total teams in class A.

GMG is ranked 50th out of 63 total teams

Their wins are vs the following "ranked" teams

Not to mention they lost against the #48 ranked team.

BCLUW is ranked # 43.

I suspect BCLUW will win by 15-20+

GMG sucks, if they somehow make the playoffs they will lose by 60 in the first round... Only a few more weeks if this crap.

BCLUW will win this game hands down. Their passing game will rip apart GMG's secondary just like Grundy Center did.

We have 3-4 defensive backs that will be playing this Friday that should be able to play man to man against BCL-UW without a problem. The wind will be a factor anyway, so I expect GMG to be up tight against their receivers not allowing any space.

Originally posted by notlongago:
GMG sucks, if they somehow make the playoffs they will lose by 60 in the first round... Only a few more weeks if this crap.
Ya gotta love the kid's dedication.......
eek.r191677.gif

I'm not sure if GMGwolverine05 is the player or the playee here...should we be admiring his dedication to the team or his ability to generate a response to his posts. I have a vision of him sitting at the computer with a big grin on his face as he posts an outlandish prediction of GMG dominance.

On the other hand, if these posts are legit, he should be prepared to eat some cyber crow. It is a real possibility that GMG could finish not 3 or 4, but 5 - something that apparently has not crossed his mind. That trip to the valley won't be near as fun then.

The possibility of landing in the 5 spot will depend on this Friday's game. That will decide GMG's playoff picture. I know we are 100% healthy, and going into this game with some serious determination. I still think GMG wins 28-14

Originally posted by gmgwolverine05:
Yes, I agree all of those are good games, but there is a good possibility that three teams in district 4 could end up 3-3 and that would make it very interesting for the 3rd and 4th spot. I do think my Wolverines are going to take care of business this Friday and next, so they control their own fate. They are really starting to roll, and play well. I don't see anyone on BCL-UW's team that can run with any of our backs. Even our QB has gotten better and has thrown for 200+ yards in the last couple games. He has about 600 yards and 4 TDs, and two of our backs are around 400 yards a piece. Speed, too much speed!!
GMG's longest run of the night besides the fake punt was literally 4 yards.

Originally posted by gmgwolverine05:
We have 3-4 defensive backs that will be playing this Friday that should be able to play man to man against BCL-UW without a problem. The wind will be a factor anyway, so I expect GMG to be up tight against their receivers not allowing any space.
8-11-187

Trouble with the corner route.

5 first downs and 36 yds rushing. That's with much.of BCLUWs players drunk......not bad..

Can't wait for this weeks GR prediction......
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Well, I'm sure G-R will be looking forward to the playoffs, and GMG has been waiting for this game to open their playbook, and um, yeah, I'm sure he'll come up with something.
wink.r191677.gif

Can someone hopefully unbiased answer a couple questions about this game. Why did BCL kick a few XP and then go for two after the game was in hand and then kick the last one? Also, I heard the coaches were yelling at each other from across the field. Is that true and if so what was that about?

Second hand information, so take it FWIW. BCL took started taking knees at about the 2 minute mark from inside their 20. At about a minute left, GMG took a timeout, so BCL now wouldn't be able to run out the clock by taking a knee, so they ran a play and scored. They had apparently put the tee away, so they just ran a play for 2. He (the guy I work with that was there) said that the GMG coach didn't like the fact that BCL ran a play and yelled at them wondering what they were doing. The BCL coach just said they were trying to run out the clock and they called timeout, or something to that effect. He didn't make a big deal out of it, but it there may have been more to the story (or not).

Originally posted by Parker D:
Second hand information, so take it FWIW. BCL took started taking knees at about the 2 minute mark from inside their 20. At about a minute left, GMG took a timeout, so BCL now wouldn't be able to run out the clock by taking a knee, so they ran a play and scored. They had apparently put the tee away, so they just ran a play for 2. He (the guy I work with that was there) said that the GMG coach didn't like the fact that BCL ran a play and yelled at them wondering what they were doing. The BCL coach just said they were trying to run out the clock and they called timeout, or something to that effect. He didn't make a big deal out of it, but it there may have been more to the story (or not).
Sounds plausible

If a coach is going to call a timeout when the other team is trying to be nice and lay off racking up the points by taking a knee, then they absolutely deserve to get scored on again. It's one thing to try to drag out the game when you still have a chance of winning, but when you are losing by 20+ points, just accept the fact and lose with dignity and class.

I have to hand it to both GMG and BCLUW. Neither school has accomplished very much in the past 5 years, so to see each of them be in the playoff hunt this late in the season is good.

BCLUW - they got lucky when their previous head coach left to take a principal job a two years ago. Their new head coach appears to have a better idea on what he's doing and the have secured their first spot in the playoffs since 2006.

GMG - They won't make the playoffs this year, but after going 1-27 the past 3 seasons, to see them win 4 games is fantastic. They have a new head coach this year and he has them going in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT