ADVERTISEMENT

Gilbert/Perry tonight?

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
Any predictions on the game?

It's an interesting match up because the best player on each team won't be matched up against each other.

Gilbert - They will win if Greder can dominate (Perry likely doesn't have an answer for his height and speed). They also have the advantage as they are the better shooting team.

Perry - Ivory and Whiton are a tough 1-2 combo. Ivory isn't necessarily fast or a great shooter, but I'll label him as as scorer. Whiton has the speed/quickness to get some easy buckets if the Gilbert guards don't handle the ball well.

My guess is that it's going to be a high scoring game with Perry having the slight advantage. Then again, Gilbert could win by double digits if their 3 pt shooting is on tonight.

Perry 76
Gilbert 72

This should be a really fun game to watch, fast paced with lots of scoring. Perry has a bit of a size advantage and I think that will come into play. If they can control the paint I really like Perry's chances of winning. But as you said, if Gilbert gets hot from outside Perry is in for a long night. I am thinking Ivory will have a big night though and am picking Perry in a close one.

Location, Location, Location. That is what Perry is all about and I just don't see them beating Gilbert in Ames.

It was a fantastic game. Both teams got off to a slow start but it really picked up as the game went on. I still can't believe Perry won, Greder for Gilbert had two free throws to win the game with under a second left in regulation and missed them both. Perry then took control at the start of OT and made enough free throws to hang on at the end after Gilbert made a final push. Feel bad for Greder as that is a tough way to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT