ADVERTISEMENT

Gilbert leaving heart of Iowa conference for raccoon river in 2020

I thought it would happen before then. Honestly, I'd guess North Polk or Greene County...assuming from the same conference. Saydel and Nevada were both in bigger conferences not that long ago and left because they had a hard time competing, but I suppose it's possible one of them could go.

HOIC will have to reorganize again if thy lose more than 1. They'd be down to 6. I remember when they had like 10-12 teams in Big and Small divisions.

Minus Gilbert that leaves

Greene County
North Polk
Saydel
PCM
Nevada
South Hamilton
Roland-Story

North Polk makes the most sense in terms of enrollment/location. Greene County's enrollment is headed the other direction.

Makes a lot of sense for Gilbert. I'm in the Bondurant high school for a tournament and a lot of the Raccoon schools are very close in proximity. Ballard, Boone, Bondurant, Perry, ADM are all within Gilbert's area. Good schools in that conference.

Maybe Grandview Christian should join HOIC....they are acquiring a second building on the NE side of Des Moines to allow for school growth...maybe in the next few years they could be 2A in hoops...

I thought it would happen before then. Honestly, I'd guess North Polk or Greene County...assuming from the same conference. Saydel and Nevada were both in bigger conferences not that long ago and left because they had a hard time competing, but I suppose it's possible one of them could go.

HOIC will have to reorganize again if thy lose more than 1. They'd be down to 6. I remember when they had like 10-12 teams in Big and Small divisions.

Minus Gilbert that leaves

Greene County
North Polk
Saydel
PCM
Nevada
South Hamilton
Roland-Story

Maybe Grandview Christian should join HOIC....they are acquiring a second building on the NE side of Des Moines to allow for school growth...maybe in the next few years they could be 2A in hoops...

How well would they compete in everything else? Not sure the HOIC would let them join for boys bball only. They would likely be the best team in the conference in boys basketball, but the rest of the sports?

I am also interested in GVC on how long they plan to stay as an Independent. Seeing them join the Heart of Iowa Conference makes a lot more sense.

Well Nevada sovle that one North Polk and Gilbert is leaving Heart of Iowa 2020-2021 It was on their and Greene county also thinking about leaving. I have noticed some strange in the football noticed who Creston on be face they have ADM and winterset in their district. they face Carlisle and Bondurant farrar as non district is Creston testing their fans. Yes Creston has also discuss moving From Hawkeye 10 conference to the raccoon river because of parents some school in the Hawkeye 10 can't put freshmen games on.

Well Nevada sovle that one North Polk and Gilbert is leaving Heart of Iowa 2020-2021 It was on their and Greene county also thinking about leaving. I have noticed some strange in the football noticed who Creston on be face they have ADM and winterset in their district. they face Carlisle and Bondurant farrar as non district is Creston testing their fans. Yes Creston has also discuss moving From Hawkeye 10 conference to the raccoon river because of parents some school in the Hawkeye 10 can't put freshmen games on.

We won't know most likely until 2020-2021 who jump. Gilbert went to the the raccoon river and ask to be invited. But rumor is that their looking for 12 if you add Gilbert and North Polk you have ten. That's what Nevada school board said Gilbert and North Polk are leaving the heart of Iowa conference. We will

Are you suggesting that Greene County and Nevada are both potentially looking to leave as well?

Where would either of them go?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT