ADVERTISEMENT

Gator - as the expert on all things

The following excerpts are from an article written by a retired Catholic professor of philosophy and sociology:

Sometime between the 18th and 19th centuries a new type of human being appeared in Europe. Not a biologically new type. No, a new psychological type. Let’s call this type homo utopianus.

For a few centuries, Christianity had been fading away in Europe. The Protestant Reformation combined with the Catholic Counter-Reformation – far from (immediately) undermining Christianity – had produced a great religious revival, a great intensification of Western Europe’s traditional religion.

As I see things, homo utopianustype flourishes in the United States today, in both varieties, would-be tyrants and sentimental fools. Together they make up the great “progressive” movement, a movement that has had during the last half-century, and is still having today, tremendous success in promoting an ideological package containing the following ideas:

• Anti-Christianity
  • Sexual freedom
  • Abortion
  • Homosexuality and “marriage equality”
  • Transgenderism
  • The sexualization of children
  • Recreational drugs
  • Euthanasia
  • Standards of intellect, morality, manners, beauty, etc. are forms of oppression
  • Anti-Americanism
  • The USA is an incorrigibly racist society
  • American whites are racist almost by nature
  • All group inequalities are the result of race discrimination
  • Police forces should be eliminated or at least defunded
  • Prisons should be emptied (except for the prison holding Donald Trump)
  • Disapproval of Israel and of American Jews who support Israel
  • Totally open borders; invite the Third World to move to the USA, thereby diminishing the percentage of whites in the population.
All these ideas are promoted by our would-be tyrants and, after a certain lapse of time, they are also embraced by sentimental fools.

God help us.
LOL started off well.. but then migrated into delusion…may have just as well been written by Trump or Marjorie.

The following excerpts are from an article written by a retired Catholic professor of philosophy and sociology:

Sometime between the 18th and 19th centuries a new type of human being appeared in Europe. Not a biologically new type. No, a new psychological type. Let’s call this type homo utopianus.

For a few centuries, Christianity had been fading away in Europe. The Protestant Reformation combined with the Catholic Counter-Reformation – far from (immediately) undermining Christianity – had produced a great religious revival, a great intensification of Western Europe’s traditional religion.

As I see things, homo utopianustype flourishes in the United States today, in both varieties, would-be tyrants and sentimental fools. Together they make up the great “progressive” movement, a movement that has had during the last half-century, and is still having today, tremendous success in promoting an ideological package containing the following ideas:

• Anti-Christianity
  • Sexual freedom
  • Abortion
  • Homosexuality and “marriage equality”
  • Transgenderism
  • The sexualization of children
  • Recreational drugs
  • Euthanasia
  • Standards of intellect, morality, manners, beauty, etc. are forms of oppression
  • Anti-Americanism
  • The USA is an incorrigibly racist society
  • American whites are racist almost by nature
  • All group inequalities are the result of race discrimination
  • Police forces should be eliminated or at least defunded
  • Prisons should be emptied (except for the prison holding Donald Trump)
  • Disapproval of Israel and of American Jews who support Israel
  • Totally open borders; invite the Third World to move to the USA, thereby diminishing the percentage of whites in the population.
All these ideas are promoted by our would-be tyrants and, after a certain lapse of time, they are also embraced by sentimental fools.

God help us.
On two topics I’d like some RATIONAL discussion.
Where does the group morality fall on euthanasia. Let’s say for a debilitating incurable terminal disease like ALS.

Considering right to life- What is the vote on capital punishment . I saw that Pence made it a priority to reinstate and even fast track to months ( not years)

LOL started off well.. but then migrated into delusion…may have just as well been written by Trump or Marjorie.
wow-ou.gif

Where does the group morality fall on euthanasia. Let’s say for a debilitating incurable terminal disease like ALS.

Considering right to life- What is the vote on capital punishment . I saw that Pence made it a priority to reinstate and even fast track to months ( not years)
Good questions, IMO:
Euthanasia is best left for animals, not human beings, we should not actively intervene in ending a terminally ill life.
Capital punishment, again I would prefer we not get into the business of ending human life without option, BUT as much as I disapprove of “torturing” prisoners, I see no reason to coddle them either. PB & maybe J (if behavior warrants 😉) on Ezekiel Bread(although that might be cruel if you’ve ever eaten it😏) 3 times a day.

Since you've studied this - I have a question and I am curious as to how you will answer.

What force (Earthly and/or spiritual) do you think is behind this trend?
Sorry, missed this earlier.
Easy, both but clearly the more powerful and dangerous is of spiritual nature.
'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; fear him rather who can destroy both body and soul in hell.’ MT 10:28

Reactions: billywayneluck
wow-ou.gif

Good questions, IMO:
Euthanasia is best left for animals, not human beings, we should not actively intervene in ending a terminally ill life.
Capital punishment, again I would prefer we not get into the business of ending human life without option, BUT as much as I disapprove of “torturing” prisoners, I see no reason to coddle them either. PB & maybe J (if behavior warrants 😉) on Ezekiel Bread(although that might be cruel if you’ve ever eaten it😏) 3 times a day.

No to euthanasia, yes to capital punishment.

Also, abortion shouldn't be sanctioned or outlawed by government. God will be your judge there.

No to euthanasia, yes to capital punishment.

Also, abortion shouldn't be sanctioned or outlawed by government. God will be your judge there.
Abortion is intrinsically evil and therefore should be prohibited. However, given the constraints of the constitution (yeah, that outdated and dusty document the progressives despise) and the societal shift in morality, the overturning of Roe is a welcomed first step. It allows for sates (e.g., Alabama and hopefully IA soon 🙏) to severely restrict or outright ban.

Sorry, missed this earlier.
Easy, both but clearly the more powerful and dangerous is of spiritual nature.
'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; fear him rather who can destroy both body and soul in hell.’ MT 10:28
Exactly. And those forces seem to be growing a lot more lately. Especially with the younger generations.

Reactions: Reasoned

Euthanasia should be available to anyone that requests it. If not a terminal disease then some counseling should be required first.

Capital punishment - absolutely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT