ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Waukon vs. Albia******

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I will link this post on the front page so keep all game talk/updates/postgame talk here now!

Albia struck 1st with a Long TD pass.
Waukon answered with a long strike from Hesse to Weymiller.
Then Waukon drove the ball down the field and Weymiller ran it in for a TD
Score is 13-7 2nd quarter

It looks to me, that Waukon will wear this Albia team down as the game goes on. Waukon looks like they are matching Albia's speed,but are much bigger.

Well hold on folks, Albia answers with a drive of their own and take the lead 14-13. Gotta love their heart.

I have coached at Albia in the youth and JR. high ranks and we have used that playbook since Staton got here. you have seen about 20% of the formations in his playbook.

Great effort by Albia.

I think Waukon is going to have to play better if they want to win the championship. That will be a tough game to pick!
This post was edited on 11/16 10:06 PM by UnionFootballFan

The helmet to helmet call on Ewing was definitely warranted. They showed it twice on tv. I doubt he meant to do it, but there was no question that type of hit is now against the rules.

Ewing is fun to watch!

It was not vicious or intended by the looks of it. Its just one of the things that happens in the heat of a good game. Good play but penalty is going to be warranted and called according to the rules. Rather have a penalty and a tough hit than just swipe at him lightly and miss his "flags"

As an Indian fan gotta say that Albia came to play and was tough as heck, good game and Congrats to the Indians, one more big game to strap it up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT