ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Wapsie Valley vs. BGM******

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I will link this post on the front page so keep all game talk/updates/postgame talk here now!

14-3 after Mayson Sherwood about houses the kick return. Kriegel to Gritsch for the touchdown.

Wapsie gets bailed out on a roughing the punter call. Really nothing an airborne player can do when the punter is right in his way. One of the most bogus penalties in all of football IMO.

Stuffed three times again. 12 carries for -14 yards for Wapsie Valley so far in the first. 1:42 to go, BGM ball on their own 31 yard line. BGM 14 WV 3.

Any of you WV homers want to explain why so conservative on third down?

14-3 and BGM is driving yet again here after one. Kind of peaceful on here without these WV fans chirping
smile.r191677.gif

I think he went conservative for fear of losing more on another ball held too long. Gotta find something that works cuz the counter and dive are dead in the water with BGM's size. D has to tighten up

Originally posted by SICL Cares:

Wapsie gets bailed out on a roughing the punter call. Really nothing an airborne player can do when the punter is right in his way. One of the most bogus penalties in all of football IMO.
It's a safety thing...a punter is extremely defenseless for about 90% of the time he is on the field before the kick has been gone for about a second.

Wapsie can't get anything going right now. BGM with big size and speed advantage.

SICL, just because you got butt hurt by some wapsie homers, doesnt mean you can become all high and mighty. You're classless. Yes, wapsie is playing bad, along with BGM playing very well.

Burns is definitely winning the coaching battle today.
Wapsie won't lay down just yet..

Classless? Don't even talk about class with me. You guys wanted to talk all week and now that you guys see BGM is for real you want to back pedal and make excuses. BGM clearly is hungry for revenge. I wouldn't be one bit shocked if WV rallied because they're very talented. I just think its funny how you guys had to dog Burns, Kline, and the rest of the team before this.

A lot of game left, expect the unexpected.

This post was edited on 11/15 11:05 AM by SICL Cares

I think the difference is Wapsie expected to win, and BGM wanted to win. People say BGM has a weak schedule, but they got to remember that Lynnville-Sully started the year ranked, Montezuma has improved the past two years, and Pekin is a very good football team. BGM got heir best shots from everyone. Southeast Iowa is not as bad as people think. Washington proved that yesterday by beating Solon.

With Wapsie struggling so badly with Gladbrook I had a feeling that they might not be able to hang with BGM. Not particularly surprising.

WV did play much better in the 2nd half though.

The championship game could be interesting but I think West Lyon just has too much. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT