ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Newell-Fonda vs. Exira-EHK******

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I want to link this post on the front page so keep all game talk/updates/postgame talk here now!

Fumble recovery by EEK....prediction EEK line wins the game....
uzi.r191677.gif

2nd play of the game Bohe takes a big hit from Nick Peppers and fumbles, EHK/Exira recovers and threatening to score. Then Peppers pass is intercepted by Newell-Fonda, which is reversed because of a pass interference. 1st down EHK-Exira at the N-F 6.

22-0 EHK-Exira

The officials just missed a huge fumble call that would have given N-F the ball near the EHK-Exira 5 yard line. The official was right on top of the play too. Clearly was a forced fumble.

29-0 on a long run by Drew Peppers, great blocking.

EHK-Exira plays some very good defense, they are one physical team.

36-0 Exira/EH-K. 52 seconds left in the first half.

Wow. Newell-Fonda looks worn down. The Spartans are really physical.

I think everyone has been saying that the west side is the best in 8 man football. Not just Northwest. But props to both DB and Exira, it will be a great game on Thursday. The defenses looked solid and Hogan and Peppers are great quarterbacks. Should be a good matchup

Give one of the Peppers turf toe and take the other one out with a broken collarbone and tell me EEK still plays the same game because they wouldn't have .NF is a much better team then displayed today. They did come out slow and it snowballed quickly with the injury on the interception that was called interference Did you see the replay? Or the fumble replay? Losing your #1 reciever secondary defensive player punter and kicker changes the dynamic and play calling for the game. He had 19 tackles in the game prior and could flip the field w a punt. We saw what he could do with his interception early on d. Get well soon 85. At full strength this is a much better game and NW IA looks as good as they did all year. EEK is a good team along w DB and it should be a great championship game. Its unfortunate the hardturf caused so many injuries today. The refs did a nice job of deflating every big play NF had until the 4th qtr also. . Im just saying its a much closer game on any other day. Keep your heads up NF sometimes you have a bad day. Congrats Spartans- Make us proud and beat the Dons-

EEHK wins that game regardless. Even with #85 being the pass threat that he is newell is a run heavy team and they could do zero running the ball against EEHK. Exiras line backers played very well as well as their backfield. Trey Sanders is a freak and refuses to go down. He made his presence known today. And the peppers brothers are no fluke. Drew is a feisty QB Ans Nick is a great blocker and runner. Newell has a good team and injuries and the missed call on the fumble hurt but do not change the out come of the game in my opinion

I think the biggest difference in this game today was "mental". NF players may have thought they had an easy road after their win over MMC due to the fact that MMC rolled everyone after their game last year. On the other side, EEK had a lot to prove after last years loss in the dome and knew what to expect from this game. I have seen NF 8 times this year on tape and in person, and the team you saw today does not reflect the ability of NF. Sometimes, no matter what a coach tells these young men, can you get them out of such a mental "funk" that NF was in today. The EEK kids were more aggressive in every area of the game and looked like they wanted it more today. Padrosa's turf toe and losing #85 Anderson early definitely hurt their chances today, but I am not sure it would have made a big enough difference for them to beat a very hungry and aggressive EEK. Congrats to NF on a great season and best of luck to EEK

His pass threat was nice but his defensive presence and special teams was more of what I was talking about. He stopped the big plays and made the tackles the underclassmen couldn't. I would be saying the same thing in your shoes only seeing NF play once but I watched it all year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT