ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Don Bosco vs. Adair-Casey******

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I want to link this post on the front page so keep all game talk/updates/postgame talk here now!

Sorry If I'm late on this but when are the game times for today? I've seen two sites saying they're both at 7 so I assume that's not right?

I've never really watched 8 man, and I get why the scores are higher (lack of 3 other defenders to make tackles in the second/third levels). However, I have a question - mostly because of Bosco

Do the dominate teams have "complete" teams or is 1 person in 8 man really enough to completely make a HUGE difference?

The reason I ask (and again, keep in mind I've not watch any 8man in a long time) is Bosco seems like they could just change their name to the Don Bosco Jake Hogan's. I've not been real impressed with the rest of their skill positions, and without seeing the stats I'd bet Hogan has 99% of Bosco's yards and most have been on the ground. 122 yards rushing, I don't know that I've seen another person carry the ball for Bosco.

The offense seems to predicated completely on Jake running a student body to one side or the other and 1 WR running a fly route incase the entire defense bites up. I mean, it clearly works really well so I'm not knocking it. I'm simply curious if that is normal in 8man.

Do most teams just put their best athlete at QB and depend on him for 90+% of the yards or is Bosco one of the few?

And...right on cue a 70 yard TD pass that was a student body right run action that 7 of the 8 defenders bit on with a fly route running up the back side...and the 2 point conversion for the 3rd straight TD was a student body for Jake.

Clearly the best athlete on the field, and it's not close.

This boys n girls is why it is important to actually play good teams in the season. Granted football they can't control but Adair defense can stop them Bosco could make this whatever score they wanted to.

The Adair Casey lines are outmatched. I know Hogan is good but he isn't even getting hardly touched. Their line is making it really easy for him. It's going to get really ugly for A-C

AC is really bad at tackling.

Another 63 yard pass for a TD because the guy tried to arm tackle/side stepped the WR whose back was to him when he made contact.

Wow. A-C is overmatched. The worst thing about 8 man is these semi final blowouts are so common. I think I've seen 3 or 4 other 8 man teams that could hang with A-C. Not their fault, because they made it and thats all credit to them. Just shows the gaps that can happen in 8 man.

Originally posted by hsmanhunt15:
Wow. A-C is overmatched. The worst thing about 8 man is these semi final blowouts are so common. I think I've seen 3 or 4 other 8 man teams that could hang with A-C. Not their fault, because they made it and thats all credit to them. Just shows the gaps that can happen with Jake Hogan.
FIFY....

Like I said before, hogan is good, but his O-Line opens up enormous holes for him. He rarely gets touched or hit.

Wow. A-C is overmatched. The worst thing about 8 man is these semi final blowouts are so common. I think I've seen 3 or 4 other 8 man teams that could hang with A-C. Not their fault, because they made it and thats all credit to them. Just shows the gaps that can happen in 8 man.
Looks like it comes down to the team with the best linemen, offensive and defensive, wins 8-man championships....there are great skilled players on the good teams, but linemen make the diff.....
uzi.r191677.gif

Originally posted by basketball777:

Looks like it comes down to the team with the best linemen, offensive and defensive, wins 8-man championships....there are great skilled players on the good teams, but linemen make the diff.....
uzi.r191677.gif
Couldn't agree more. The DB O and D lines are dominating the A-C lineman. A-C has great skill players with Plowman and Wheatley but Hogans line is helping him steal the show. Not trying to talk Hogan down because he is a dang good player, but the lines are the difference here.

This is embarrassing. Northwest Iowa is so much better then the other parts of the state. Can someone please tell me how AC even made it to the dome?

Originally posted by AaronAnderson:
This is embarrassing. Northwest Iowa is so much better then the other parts of the state. Can someone please tell me how AC even made it to the dome?
They played the schedule put in front of them. I mean, it's not like Don Bosco hasn't blown out every other team on their schedule. A-C just ran into a team on a mission. History has it that teams who get beat in dome the year before come back with a vengeance.

Does NW Iowa really have that many 8-man teams?

I grew up there and the closest thing to NW I can think of is the Remsen schools.

I do think one player can make an 8man team to an extent,but one player can't win it all. I think the winner of the second game today will win it all because EEHK and Newell are more complete teams than DB. And it will show.

8 man teams in NW iowa: Newell fonda, West bend mallard, GTRA, NEH blairsburg, Remsen schools, MMC and River valley. they would all destroy Adair Casey and give bosco a run for their money.

8 man teams in NW iowa: Newell fonda, West bend mallard, GTRA, NEH blairsburg, Remsen schools, MMC and River valley. they would all destroy Adair Casey and give bosco a run for their money.
This is a pointless argument that gets brought up every year. If it were possibly to put the best 4 teams in the dome, im sure it would get done. But, it simply is not possible.

More times than not, this persons favorite team/school got beat by another school who made it and is watching the other schools thinking they could beat them. Always seems to be the case.

Aaron Anderson I disagree that all those team would beat Adair. I can see nf wbm and mmc beating up on Adair. GTRA and RV would be a good game with AC. I think RV would pull it off. Yes the Northwest part of the state has better 8man teams but it is Unreasonable to say that the remsen teams would beat Adair.

I think it is safe to say that Springville should have been in the semi finals instead of Adair-Casey.... it is too bad Don-Bosco and Springville met up last round

So....why is Hogan, and crew, still in the game with the score at 62-13 with 3 minutes left in the third?

It's now 70-13....if Hogan sees another play Bosco deserves to be completely boat raced in the title game.

Well... A-C scored so...that means Hogan has to stay in the game because its now 70-19....

Can't let A-C come back and win it

you get my point. AC is awful. And i hope Bosco gets blown out again in the title game now. its a 50+ point game near the end of the third and the starters are still out there. really?

The Don Bosco running back proving my point that their Offensive line has been the difference in this game.

Why are they still playing their starters? They are completely embarrassing A-C and they have another game left....

First team DB offense comes out and breaks a 65 yard TD run and 2 point conversion to make it 78-19.

Seriously, does DB have 12 guys out for football, are they that worried that AC is going to outscore them 60-0 the last 12 minutes of the game, or just want to run the score up?

I have no problem continuing to run your offense in a blow out situation, but do it with back ups

Do all those teams have great lines OL/DL? still think the linemen were the diff....8-man games are track meets...does not take long to get out of hand...the score does not always reflect the quality of each team as a whole...and NEH would not beat A-C

Originally posted by basketball777:

Do all those teams have great lines OL/DL? still think the linemen were the diff....8-man games are track meets...does not take long to get out of hand...the score does not always reflect the quality of each team as a whole...and NEH would not beat A-C
This is your 2nd post i completely agree on. Had the game started different, the game could be closer. I wouldn't call A-C a bad team just because they let a game in the SEMIFINALS get away from them. I have seen a few teams i think could hang with A-C but im not confident to say they would "destroy" them. The DB OL/DL are just eating up A-C. They looked like a 1-A or 2-A line playing 8-man.

This post was edited on 11/14 11:09 AM by hsmanhunt15

This post was edited on 11/14 11:10 AM by hsmanhunt15

AC's starters are still in. Do you really expect Bosco to let Plowman kill their jv? When AC concedes, Bosco should put in jv. Btw, Bosco has lots of non starters in...and still scoring at will. Congrats to a damn good AC team, and Plowman on a great career.

Go Dons

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT