• Bishop Garrigan

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Britt West hancock

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
comment what you guys think the game of the week is below!

In my opinion the game of the week is definitely

Algona Garrigan @ West Hancock

(Rankings are by the des moins register so I personally think there the least bias and most accurate)

It’s #2 Bishop Garrigan heading over to Britt to take on #4 West Hancock. This is going to be the most physical game of the year as these 2 have a heated rivalry. It is also Britts homecoming I believe but I could be wrong. Can Britt finally put an end to bishop garrigans 30+ game regular season winning streak,(so that means these seniors have never lost a regular season game :eek:) or will Garrigan continue there dominant run.

Thoughts anyone? There a couple also great games in district 7. Please feel free to comment on ur game of the week and a brief synopsis

I would pry say this is game of the week but please don’t say the Des Moines register is the least bias rankings! Their rankings imo have always been terrible n least accurate. The AP rankings is not just the Des Moines register but all sports writers voting so they r the least bias. So be 3 vs 10 but is the game of the week for sure won’t argue that bud. I will take Britt in this game by 2 scores

Well I’d say AP is a little bias to teams in eastern Iowa as the population is bigger there. Northwest Iowa hardly has any representation in rankings. Other then Avoca who is ranked very high on there, you’ll hardly ever see a team from north western Iowa

Last edited:
Reactions: vikingfan13
I will take Garrigan by 6 recent history says this will not be a high scoring game so I don’t think either team will have more then 3 tds

In this years polls I can see why you think that. Seems like a lot of eastern Iowa teams but some years it’s reverse. Just believe the AP poll to be the best because it’s all sports writers not just one papers opinions.

Lol well that shows my knowledge of teams. But honestly that proves my point even more. I would say there central western Iowa though. @gopanthers and I mean I would say northish eastern Iowa and north central Iowa are probably the best areas in class A so understandably they should have the highest ranked teams but it seems AP forgets about the western part sometimes. Just an observation. Eastern part is better though I’d say

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
Kevin, while I agree that this game is usually close and low scoring, even if one team is noticeably better then the other. I think the game is actually going to be high scoring. Garrigan’s defense seems to relax on plays give up big runs and passes and britts pass defense is pretty suspect. All in all, because it’s Britts homecoming, I’m going to give them the slight edge here. My final score prediction Britt- 36 Garrigan- 28. I just think Britt will be really fired up and try to end this teams dominant run in the area over the last 4 years

@Anonymous111 While I agree with most your observations on the game. I’m going to agree with Kevin here. West Hancock and Garrigan both played emmetsburg and west Hancock had to score in last 6 mins of the game to win. Garrigan on the other hand was dominating the game on defense and was up 14-0 with 3 mins to go. I have Garrigan winning 28-21. I’m a homer obviously but I think I have some valid points. You are correct tho. Britt is going to be really really fired up. But so will Bishop

Lol well that shows my knowledge of teams. But honestly that proves my point even more. I would say there central western Iowa though. @gopanthers and I mean I would say northish eastern Iowa and north central Iowa are probably the best areas in class A so understandably they should have the highest ranked teams but it seems AP forgets about the western part sometimes. Just an observation. Eastern part is better though I’d say
I can see what you are saying. The writers out west Must not be voting for the west teams this year either. Like I said some years it’s just a few east teams ranked n more west. Just I think the Dmr is central bias. Love them teams by Des Moines

I'll take WH 22-20. Hard fought slugfest, that will come down to the end and a defensive stand made by WH to secure the win.

Garrigan played lights out D against st.eds last week - but WH is going to be a different animal. Can Garrigan stop the big running plays? I'm a Garrigan fan but i see WH with a slight edge. 20-14

if BC Moore is to be believed, this isn’t even the 2nd best matchup of the week in class A !

It’s AW -Hinton and then S Winn -Wapsie...
I’ll take Akron over Hinton n wapsie over south winn.... both them games will be huge this week also. South winn or wapsie will be hurting with another loss to get an at large bid.

Reactions: Zowwy21
I saw the game, and boy it was hard hitting game. Bishop Garrigan is just a superior team. Britt relied way to heavily on big runs. They’d rip off a 30-40 yd run but then have to punt 3 downs later. Bishop Garrigan really had a dominant line. They were big and athletic. West Hancock’s backs were really something special though. Definitely some of the better running backs I’ve seen in Class A. West Hancock had more yards running the ball then Bishop but like I said, it was because of 3-5 long runs they had. Britt really needs to open the playbook up a little. Anyways, anyone have thoughts on the game

Sounds like a normal Britt n garrigan game to me. Always a great hard nose game. Any scores or games anyone surprised by? Thought North Tama over east buc 7-6 at east buc was a eye opener

Reactions: Anonymous111
I saw the game, and boy it was hard hitting game. Bishop Garrigan is just a superior team. Britt relied way to heavily on big runs. They’d rip off a 30-40 yd run but then have to punt 3 downs later. Bishop Garrigan really had a dominant line. They were big and athletic. West Hancock’s backs were really something special though. Definitely some of the better running backs I’ve seen in Class A. West Hancock had more yards running the ball then Bishop but like I said, it was because of 3-5 long runs they had. Britt really needs to open the playbook up a little. Anyways, anyone have thoughts on the game
Fearsome eagles were dominated by the bears and aren’t so fearsome anymore! Clock operator at game was awful and didn’t start clock on 3 separate plays in last 4 mins of 4th quarter allowing Britt to score a garbage time TD when in reality there should not have been anytime left to do so. Real score was 28-8!

Reactions: Anonymous111
I was also at the BG - Britt game last night. With Britt having two losses already they’re playoff contention is becoming more and more scarce.. but all in all this Britt team has the talent to play in the dome. I haven’t ever seen a team in class A with literally 4 running backs who are all state caliber. They’re line is also very hard nosed and decent sized. Tbh garrigan just had more athleticism in the front seven and they’re line is just too strong. Garrigans tight end is an absolute monster and catches anything thrown to him and they’re linebackers are HUGE and athletic. I honestly thing these are both top 5 class A teams.. any other thoughts??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT