ADVERTISEMENT

Game of the Week (week 6)

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
Well it’s already week 6 in the year and we’re starting to get an actual idea of how good certain teams are. And with that being said here is my game of the week.

#8 Saint Ansger @ #1 Hudson

This game really means a lot for both teams. Saint ansger could really use a win this week with a tough game against Newman coming up. And I think Hudson really needs a win as well. They play in district 7 which is just a gauntlet and I doubt they make it out undefeated. However, they can’t afford to lose this game, and 2 district games

I’m going to predict a 28-8 victory to Hudson. I feel saint ansger is a little down this yea. Seres for Hudson is just an absolute animal and I expect him to have a big game. Saint ansger has a tough nosed fullback who runs through people so keep and eye on him. Those are my players of note for both teams

Honorable mention: #4 Belmond Kleeme @ #3 Bishop Garrigan

Bishop garrigan was in my game of the week last week when they took on west Hancock. THE ONLY REASON belmomd @ Garrigan is not my game of the week is this; regardless of who wins, both teams will 99% probably make the playoffs.
Intresting note: both teams are 5-0 and most likely this game decides the district winner

Anyone have thoughts on the Hudson & saint ansger game?

Last edited:
Reactions: mtdew_fever
Every game from here on out is a play-off game for Council Bluffs Saint Albert. Against Underwood, SA had 5 two way starters out. No excuses but may explain tough start. Good test this week!

I’ll take Hudson 21-14 in this one. Hudson gets no break after this week either coming to wapsie in week 7.
St alberts will have to win ther district to get in with 3 losses already and I don’t see that happening with Avoca in that district

I too like the Hudson / St Ansgar matchup as game of the week. It wouldn’t shock me if Hudson gets upset but I’m going to say the probability is higher that Hudson pulls off a close one.

I also like the Grundy Center (4-1) vs North Tama (4-1). This district is still up for grabs and every win is huge. It’s a four week battle, playoff-like, for most of these teams to finish the season.

I have Grundy winning that tough match up 20-14. I feel Grundys coaching, which is excellent, is going to come up big in that one. North Tama is a crazy talented team but I just have a gut feeling. SA is still pretty darn good, but there going to have to win out. Anyone who watches a game, comment how your team does, and scores!

I'm going to put in a plug for an app called Scorestream. Its a way for fans to update the scores real-time and has a comment section. And all scores are right there.

Personally I would say that the North Tama vs. Grundy game might be the most important as it is a district game. If North Tama loses they will have a far tougher time making the playoffs as their SOS is not very good.

Hudson up on St. Ansgar 7-6 at half time.

St. Ansgar scored at the end of the half and missed the PAT.

Hudson dominating time of possession.

Garrigan wins close one with a very very good belmond team. Both are definitely top 5 teams. Tucker Krooze from belmond is the best player in class A hands down in my humble opinion

Garrigan wins close one with a very very good belmond team. Both are definitely top 5 teams. Tucker Krooze from belmond is the best player in class A hands down in my humble opinion
I’m going to question how good belmond is. They barley beat west fork and west fork got taken to the wood shed by a 1-4 team!

They played a very bad game against west fork. Nothing went right, play calling, execution, all of it. And a few unlucky calls and turnovers. I personally watched the BG and Belmond game.. Belmond is seriously the most explosive offense in class A. There is not very many teams in the state who can stop that kroeze and Barrus duo .. seriously electric..from what I saw garrigan out experienced and oversized them.. but I also don’t think there’s a team with garrigans size and athleticism in the state. Two top 5 teams hands down

They played a very bad game against west fork. Nothing went right, play calling, execution, all of it. And a few unlucky calls and turnovers. I personally watched the BG and Belmond game.. Belmond is seriously the most explosive offense in class A. There is not very many teams in the state who can stop that kroeze and Barrus duo .. seriously electric..from what I saw garrigan out experienced and oversized them.. but I also don’t think there’s a team with garrigans size and athleticism in the state. Two top 5 teams hands down
Well looks like a bad west fork team held them in check just saying. Belmond getting in will come down to that Britt game. They better show up for that one

I’ll take Hudson 21-14 in this one. Hudson gets no break after this week either coming to wapsie in week 7.
St alberts will have to win ther district to get in with 3 losses already and I don’t see that happening with Avoca in that district
Here come the Falcons!!

Avoca is very salty this year-get there early. Plenty of football to be played first!

Living in northwest Iowa I don’t knownmuch about this Avoca team. Anybody have any insight? I know they have a beast of a tail back but I don’t know much else

well I believe 1 game this year they scored 65 points despite only running 25 plays from scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT