ADVERTISEMENT

Game day!

Charles86

Freshman
Aug 6, 2018
It’s finally game day and the first round of playoffs is just over 12 hours from kickoff! Any bold predictions for the first round?

Mt. Ayr over I-35. Rematch of a week 2 game that saw Mt. Ayr losing 28-13. Both of Mt. Ayr's losses were to 9-0 district champs (I-35 & Van Meter). Both teams are far better than what they were week two but I see Mt. Ayr just edging out I-35 and then having to make a 3 hour drive next week to Dike.

Reactions: Charles86
Mt. Ayr over I-35. Rematch of a week 2 game that saw Mt. Ayr losing 28-13. Both of Mt. Ayr's losses were to 9-0 district champs (I-35 & Van Meter). Both teams are far better than what they were week two but I see Mt. Ayr just edging out I-35 and then having to make a 3 hour drive next week to Dike.

Bet. I'd have to disagree with you here....;-)

1. PC over Wilton in a close, defensive shootout.
2. West Lyon should give SCC a run for their money. I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here.
3. West Branch over Osage.

I actually think Mt Ayr over i35 is a good possibility. However they are playing for who wants to get a running clock put on them by DNH next week. West Branch over Osage by a lot. Probably a running clock. Best game tonight prediction is Wilton Vs PC with I-35 vs Mt Ayr a close second.

I don't see that happening. W.S. has only played starters 24 out of 36 quarters this season. It's nonsense to risk injury to young athletes. I also hope the need to humiliate teams is long past when play-offs begin. Good luck to all.

I see Osage winning this game in a close one with West Branch. Every year they go out and win a bunch of games and then fall short when they go up with the Regina's and other top end teams. Their district was better this year with cascade and Bellevue. Osage has played some good competition and is very solid. The trip will also be quite the haul.

I see Osage winning this game in a close one with West Branch. Every year they go out and win a bunch of games and then fall short when they go up with the Regina's and other top end teams. Their district was better this year with cascade and Bellevue. Osage has played some good competition and is very solid. The trip will also be quite the haul.

You clearly don’t have a clue about West Branch Football In years past about running with the big boys. Some of those Regina state titles, WB got their shot in the playoffs and was a score away from winning. Thanks for your great insight into WB and Osage.

Mediapolis loses 49-14. Was 21-14 at one point. Sounded like they didn’t help themselves much, penalties and turnovers the few times I checked in. Congrats to Bellevue for capitalizing on those mistakes.

Mediapolis loses 49-14. Was 21-14 at one point. Sounded like they didn’t help themselves much, penalties and turnovers the few times I checked in. Congrats to Bellevue for capitalizing on those mistakes.

Bellevue was clearly better, but you're correct Mediapolis did little to nothing to help themselves.

One scary thing, the head official collapsed early in the 2nd quarter, he was tended to and taken to hospital. Apparently his pace maker went off, which is obviously a good thing but it caused him to collapse. Sounded like he was stable but you could tell it took a lot of air out of both teams.

You clearly don’t have a clue about West Branch Football In years past about running with the big boys. Some of those Regina state titles, WB got their shot in the playoffs and was a score away from winning. Thanks for your great insight into WB and Osage.

Couple times, but they never did win.

Out of the 8 playoff games tonight, only two were competitive and within 10 points.
Clearly, some of these District Champs weren't playoff caliber teams.

WB held the states best offense to nothing.
Watched it online streaming from Osage. Bears dominated from A to Z. Cornwell was by far the better QB. He is so smooth. Lukavsky had two long runs. What a beast.

Gonna be a fun game in Van Meter.
Osage played in a crap district and it showed.

Reactions: ISUfan00
Watched it online streaming from Osage. Bears dominated from A to Z. Cornwell was by far the better QB. He is so smooth. Lukavsky had two long runs. What a beast.

Osage was way overhyped.
The best team they beat was St. Ansgar and that was only because S.A. best player got hurt.

Not sure Osage has the state’s best offense.

I usually try to stay pretty non confrontational but this line of thinking makes me say 'what are you smoking' I get that your kid may have been better than the Regina kid but as a team they had little to no chance.

I usually try to stay pretty non confrontational but this line of thinking makes me say 'what are you smoking' I get that your kid may have been better than the Regina kid but as a team they had little to no chance.

Ha, no kid in the game. Trust me when I say I’ve seen more 1A football then most on this page. Have many contacts around the state regarding 1A football. My memory fades me but back to back years many coaches agreed WB and Regina were the 2 best teams in 1A and those games at Regina decided the state title. I have never once bad mouthed what Regina accomplished during that 7-8 year run. Truly remarkable, but those playoff games at Regina came down to the wire.

Ha, no kid in the game. Trust me when I say I’ve seen more 1A football then most on this page. Have many contacts around the state regarding 1A football. My memory fades me but back to back years many coaches agreed WB and Regina were the 2 best teams in 1A and those games at Regina decided the state title. I have never once bad mouthed what Regina accomplished during that 7-8 year run. Truly remarkable, but those playoff games at Regina came down to the wire.

I didn't mean to disparage anything but during the recent run it wasn't close very often. Butch has been amazing but to say those were the best 2 teams in the state? Your coach friends may be having some revisionist history.

2010 DNP
2011 DNP
2012 27-9 Regina, playoff
2013 41-16 Regina RS
2014 DNP
2015 35-28, great game, Regina
2016 49-15 Regina. Regina runner up
2017 DNP, Regina runner up

2018 DNP

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinehawk
I didn't mean to disparage anything but during the recent run it wasn't close very often. Butch has been amazing but to say those were the best 2 teams in the state? Your coach friends may be having some revisionist history.

2010 DNP
2011 DNP
2012 27-9 Regina, playoff
2013 41-16 Regina RS
2014 DNP
2015 35-28, great game, Regina
2016 49-15 Regina. Regina runner up
2017 DNP, Regina runner up
With those scores I would hate to see blowouts. Not continuous clock but not close on most of them either. Maybe WB fans should check facts before shooting their mouth off.

Reactions: Pinehawk
And yet another thread dies because cidhawkeye catches wind of a harmless Regina comment and has to defend their honor.

giphy.gif

Reactions: GoEagles23
And yet another thread dies because cidhawkeye catches wind of a harmless Regina comment and has to defend their honor.

giphy.gif

Well I think you are a pompous ass and your kids suck.
Care to defend that? It's not true but would you respond? Tell people not to post things that aren't true and I won't respond. It should be about the games. Let me check out all of the threads on that.

Actually, cid brought some facts to the thread and wasn’t the one who brought the issue up.

Wasn’t this was a bold prediction thread? Conversion always seems to veer in another direction on most of these posts.

In the end it comes down to the fact that WB thinks they are a state power but how many times have they been in the title or even to the dome in the last 10 year? What a joke. I am not a fan of Regina either but am tired of WB thinking they are still relevant in the big picture. You can't even win your district let alone state.

In the end it comes down to the fact that WB thinks they are a state power but how many times have they been in the title or even to the dome in the last 10 year? What a joke. I am not a fan of Regina either but am tired of WB thinking they are still relevant in the big picture. You can't even win your district let alone state.

Another delusional comment made.

Last 10 years been to the dome 2008-11. District titles last 10 years 2008-10,14,15,17.
Playoff appearances 2008-2018

Your right haven’t played for a title since 1992. Can you tell me how many teams in 1A can match WBs success the last 10 years? My guess is maybe 5

Facts is your a bitter ex player from somewhere that has a grudge against WB and or Regina. WB is always relevant I’m the big picture, they have earned that respect. Just like Regina has earned it the last 10-12 years I would say. Do I like Regina no, but I respect what they have accomplished. Truly remarkable to sustain something like that. I’m done with ranting about this to someone who is bitter.

Good luck to those teams still left in 1A playoffs. Should be some good games. These kids are making memories that will last a lifetime.

Another delusional comment made.

Last 10 years been to the dome 2008-11. District titles last 10 years 2008-10,14,15,17.
Playoff appearances 2008-2018

Your right haven’t played for a title since 1992. Can you tell me how many teams in 1A can match WBs success the last 10 years? My guess is maybe 5

Facts is your a bitter ex player from somewhere that has a grudge against WB and or Regina. WB is always relevant I’m the big picture, they have earned that respect. Just like Regina has earned it the last 10-12 years I would say. Do I like Regina no, but I respect what they have accomplished. Truly remarkable to sustain something like that. I’m done with ranting about this to someone who is bitter.

Good luck to those teams still left in 1A playoffs. Should be some good games. These kids are making memories that will last a lifetime.
26 years ago. That is a powerhouse alright. My mistake, I thought it was a long time ago. 26 years, that was so recent.
By the way, until I started reading Iowa Preps I had no problem with WB at all. Just sick of listening to the blowhards when you guys can't get a title since 92. A couple of good classes is all you had to that those 3 titles for you.
Not bitter just sick of listening to stupid people on here.
Also, I am not even close to the Iowa city area and I did win a state title.
I am now done.

Bellevue was clearly better, but you're correct Mediapolis did little to nothing to help themselves.

One scary thing, the head official collapsed early in the 2nd quarter, he was tended to and taken to hospital. Apparently his pace maker went off, which is obviously a good thing but it caused him to collapse. Sounded like he was stable but you could tell it took a lot of air out of both teams.
Holy cow. Didn’t realize Mepo had 6 turnovers, 4 fumbles losing 3 and 3 interceptions. Kudos to Bellevue for forcing some of those. Definitely not going to win games like that. Good luck to them this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT