ADVERTISEMENT

Friday the 13th Basketball Scores and Comments

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Is tonight the "lucky night" to pull that big upset? Full agenda of games on this Friday, Dec. 13. Post your scores and discussion here.

Class 2A #7 Regina visits 2A top ranked Camanche tonight in a good top 10 match up. It's their only regular season meeting and should hopefully be a good one.

Some Thursday night scores that were interesting:

Clear Creek Amana 68, Grinnell 55
Gilbert 71, PCM 46
Marshalltown 47, Newton 40
Spirit lake 63, Newell-Fonda 54
Algona 61, Forest City 24.

Where did Camanche get their new 6’ 3” Senior from (#2)? Wasn’t on the basketball roster last year?

Ah, never mind. I googled his name and found my answer. Interesting...

“CLINTON – Clinton two-sport standout LJ Henderson announced his intent to transfer to Camanche for the 2019-20 school year via Twitter Thursday night.

"Clinton made my first 3 years as a high schooler unbelievably amazing, but my family and I have decided on what we think is best for me and my future as an athlete," Henderson wrote.

"That is to continue my high school career as an Indian at Camanche High School. Thank you for all your love and support Clinton. Will always have a place for y'all in my heart."

The announcement was delivered mere hours after Henderson was named to the Mississippi Athletic Conference's Second-Team after posting 11.5 points per game to lead the River Kings, who finished 2-19.

The details surrounding Henderson's decision to transfer to Camanche, which is just six miles from Clinton, are unknown. But Henderson insisted on Twitter that the decision was not personal, but, rather, aimed to advance his athletic career.“

https://www.clintonherald.com/sport...cle_b6f0e764-3c76-11e9-aa9c-73b202e6931d.html

Last edited:
#2 Remsen leads #4 South O'Brien 22-20 at the half.

Remsen is without Star player Blaine Harpenau.

Cedar Falls 69 - Summit Christian Academy (Lee's Summit, MO) 52, Final.

Nice bounce back after a rough season opener on Tuesday against Waterloo West.

harlan 68 denison 60 o/t
mild surprise, i though denison would win this one

Ames 40, Urbandaale 34
AP 67, Jesup 48
Cedar Falls 69, Lee's Summit Academy, MO 52. Lee's is a Missouri power. Did CF lose to Waterloo West Tuesday? Anyone have that score?
Clear Creek-Amana 72, Marion 69. CC-A will make a huge jump in the 3A ratings after two big wins.
Clear Lake 60, IFA 55
CBAL 64, Council Bluffs TJ 18
Dallas Center- Grimes 78, Oskaloosa 58. Could two-loss Osky and their 7-0 star fall out of top ten in 3A?
Danville 72, Van Buren 40
WDM Dowling 64, Ankeny 54. After big loss to IC West, Dowling has taken out two top CIML opponents
Dubuque Hempstead 68, Western Dubuque 52. Mustangs move to 4-0, but WD still down two starters.
East Sac 55, Newell-Fonda 44
Glenwood 76, Clarinda 47
Goeorge-Little Rock 68, Sioux Center 55
Indianola 77, Pella 72 in OT Second tough OT loss to a good team by the Dutch.
MOC 60, Okoboji 57
Martinsdale St. Mary's 68, SW Valley 37
Montezuma 73 BGM 56
Mt. Vernon 72, Vinton-Shellsburg 42
Sioux City east 72, SC West 61
SE Polk 43, Marshalltown 37
Van Meter 62, Woodward Acad. 37
West Branch 29, Cascade 28 in squeaker
WDM Valley 78 Mason City 59
Winterset 71, ADM 69 in a thriller in a tough league
Dubuque Senior 76, Dub. Wahlert 55. Senior has another athletic powerhouse team under Coach Eimers, after playing for 4A title last year.
Dyersville Beckman 57, Williamsburg 47 in the tough Wamac
Charles City 62, Crestwood 47
Easton Valley 68, Central City 48
Harlan 68, Dennison-Schleswig 60 in OT
Lynville-Sully 62, HLV 42
Western Christian 52, Spencer 49
Camanche 57, IC Regina 55. Regina could have used the 6-9 Evan Brauns who transfered to IC West a few years ago. (See earlier post about Camanche transfer)
Center Point-Urbana 58, West Delaware 33
Norwalk 79, Pella Christian 62. Nice bounce-back win for Norwalk over possibly the strongest team in 2A.
Davenport Assumption beats Pleasant Valley (no score yet) for 5th straight win
North Scott 53, Bettendorf 33-- 0-4 start for the Bulldogs
Linn Mar beats CR Xavier in Cedar Rapids in what some would say is an upset.
CR Jefferson 78. CR Washington 59
Iowa City West 55, an improved Iowa City High 46.
Any more scores? I'm heading to bed.

Last edited:
Norwalk 79, Pella Christian 62. Nice bounce-back win for Norwalk over possibly the strongest team in 2A.

Yeah, I've only seen PC a little, but man they were impressive. Lots of height/length and all very athletic. I think they already have a couple of big wins against some strong 3A clubs.

Remsen St. Mary's won 51 - 40 Blaine Harpenau did not play but Hawks defense was the difference.

Not surprised that Remsen won, but I am that they did so without one of there starters. Any insight on the game?
Really was a boring game for the most par . Seemed like Remsen controlled the game from the start. Fun game to watch tho. They shut down South O'Briens leader until the 4th. South O'Brien looked lazy. Jackson was caught guarding nobody at the 3 point line while his man ran away from him. He was caught standing around a lot on D which really suprises me. They didn't seem to try to go out of their way to get him the ball either. Maybe the teams not getting along. Anyways, big win for Remsen.

Reactions: Anonymous500
West Waterloo is supposed to be good this year, but WOW.
Benton Community 57, Solon 52 (2OT) Wamac is a donnybrook
North Linn 90, Bellevue Marquette 26
N. Tama 58, Colo-Nesco 44
Cedar Rapids Prairie 62, CR Kennedy 59- Close one in the rugged MVC
Storm Lake 69, Cherokee Wash. 61
Treynor 63, Logan Magnolia 20
WACO 66, Central Lee 40
West Hancock 52, North Union 37

Some Thursday night scores that were interesting:

Clear Creek Amana 68, Grinnell 55
Gilbert 71, PCM 46
Marshalltown 47, Newton 40
Spirit lake 63, Newell-Fonda 54
Algona 61, Forest City 24.
Obviously by my name you can tell I’m a fan of the private school in our town... but I’ve watched this senior class at Algona come up and they are LEGIT in 3A. They have dominated (the class of 2020) the teams in the north central Iowa dating back to 7-8th grade. They have 2 college caliber players combined with tremendous athletes who play really hard. Wegner, a division 1 football prospect, provides great defense on the wing and runs really well in transition. They also have a 6’4 shooting guard who is lethal from beyond the arc, and a 6’6 point guard who distributes really well and is very long and athletic. Do not be surprised if this team is 19-2 at the end of the year

Obviously by my name you can tell I’m a fan of the private school in our town... but I’ve watched this senior class at Algona come up and they are LEGIT in 3A. They have dominated (the class of 2020) the teams in the north central Iowa dating back to 7-8th grade. They have 2 college caliber players combined with tremendous athletes who play really hard. Wegner, a division 1 football prospect, provides great defense on the wing and runs really well in transition. They also have a 6’4 shooting guard who is lethal from beyond the arc, and a 6’6 point guard who distributes really well and is very long and athletic. Do not be surprised if this team is 19-2 at the end of the year
Agreed but you could tell bishop garrigan is the better team. Battling injuries the whole night and foul trouble all night and had a lead with 30 seconds left. Both great teams but I believe garrigan is on another level in the 1A field this year when fully healthy. Hats off to algona for a great game.

Agreed but you could tell bishop garrigan is the better team. Battling injuries the whole night and foul trouble all night and had a lead with 30 seconds left. Both great teams but I believe garrigan is on another level in the 1A field this year when fully healthy. Hats off to algona for a great game.
Other than Angelo, Garrigan is a slow, plodding basketball team. Not athletic at all! They are not at another level in 1A!

Other than Angelo, Garrigan is a slow, plodding basketball team. Not athletic at all! They are not at another level in 1A!
Lol. We beat a top 5 team in 1A, and lost to a top 10 3A school by two points with our second best player having a bad sprained ankle. We made it to state last year, and we returned 3 of those starters. I would wager we end the season 20-1

Reactions: Anonymous500
I heard Henderson made the game winning drive and bucket with under 10 seconds to go.
Good thing he transferred to a public school or else this would have been a big deal for many.

Regina’s Masen Miller followed up his 35 point performance against Mid Prairie with 33 points at Camanche, including going 7/9 on 3 point attempts.
68 points and 13 three pointers is a pretty good week of basketball.

I heard he made the game winning drive and bucket with under 10 seconds to go.
Good thing he transferred to a public school or else this would have been a big deal for many.

Regina’s Masen Miller followed up his 35 point performance against Mid Prairie with 33 points at Camanche, including going 7/9 on 3 point attempts.
68 points and 13 three pointers is a pretty good week of basketball.
Mas is great! He andLJ used to be teammates on the Barnstormers.
LJ has played with/ been tight friends with 3 of the Camanche teammates since 3rd grade. Finally decided to rip the band aid off.
Clinton was/is horrible.

No story here. Lol. People just trying to do what’s best for their kid.

Far as the “recruiting” angle that would have liked to have been touched on, cmon’, didn’t just fall off the turnip truck.
Happens EVERYWHERE, public or private. People have their head in the sand if they deny it. Have multiple personal experiences with it, regarding my son. With saved texts over last couple years. People gotta quit pretending it doesn’t happen.

Good luck to the Regals this season! Tough squad!

Reactions: Pinehawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT