ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - 10/7

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
The quote board is what athletes are saying specifically about their opponents this week on the football field. Find out what big games are included and who believes that they can pull off some big upsets this weekend now!

Quotes from games include:
New Hampton vs. Waukon
Beckman Catholic vs. Columbus Catholic
AHSTW vs. Underwood
Bondurant-Farrar vs. Ballard
Mount Ayr vs. Earlham

.............................................................................................

New Hampton lineman Noah Hopp
Football
"It has been going alright I guess. At the beginning of the season we were inexperienced but we are starting to know what it takes to play varsity."

Areas of improvement
"It is just to be upbeat really. We have to also try and pick up the pace."

On Waukon
"I think they are pretty salty. It should be a pretty close game."

Waukon players
"I don't know."

Keys to a victory
"It is just which team is going to be more physical."

Football goals
"It is the same as every other team. We want to make the playoffs and go for a run."

.............................................................................................

Beckman Catholic athlete Sam Stelken
Football
"I think everything is going very well. We came out a little slow because we didn’t play as a team.. We are really working together and it showed on Friday against North Fayette."

The struggles
"I just think we didn’t come out and play as a team. If we don't play as a team, that is when we don't do very well."

Columbus Catholic
"They haven't won a game but we can't overlook them. We are looking to do everything we can to get a win. We know they pass a lot so our defensive backs need a good week of practice."

Columbus Catholic players
"I personally really don't know too much."

Keys to a victory
"I think our run game will be a big part of the game on Friday. We did very well last Friday so we need it to be a big part of the game."

Earlham running back Jason Hopp
Football
"I think everything has been going pretty good. We had a couple of injuries that slowed us down but we are still doing very well."

Improvement
"I think our major focus is defense. If we can play good defense, we won't have to score as many points on offense. We are working on stopping them so that we can do our thing on offense."

On Mount Ayr
"I haven't watched a lot of film yet but I am assuming they are good. They have a couple of big boys I know.. We have to be ready an defensively we have to figure out what they do."

Mount Ayr players
"I know that they have a big defensive lineman, Jed McCreary. We will have to get him handled. Other than that, I don't know much."

Keys to a victory
"I think whichever defense can be stronger is going to be the team that wins. We have a good offense and our defense can adjust. We have to be able to stop them. I think we can and hopefully we'll figure that out by Friday."

Bondurant-Farrar defensive end Johnny Hill
Football
"It has been really good. We have some things to work on but we are getting there."

Areas of improvement
"It is staying disciplined and staying on our assignments mostly."

Stepping up to varsity
"I really enjoyed it. I think I am performing a lot better than I thought it would. I'm doing good."

On Ballard
"I know that they are right next to us in the district. They lost a close one to Gilbert a couple of weeks ago."

Ballard players
"I know that they have a running back who is a sophomore and a senior quarterback that runs pretty well.

Keys to a victory
"We are going to have to execute obviously and then just overall perform."

Goals
"Obviously we want to make it to the Dome. We are working hard in districts so we can get a good seed in the playoffs."

Underwood quarterback Nick Pedersen
Football
"It is going really well and we couldn’t have asked for any better. We are 6-0 and play good football. We are trying to keep it rolling."

Improvement
"It is just everything in genera offensively and defensively. We can continue to improve on everything every week."

AHSTW
"The last three years, they have been really good. They have a really good quarterback and a great defense. They have a bunch of athletes. It should be a good game."

AHSTW players
" Nathan Herbst is a big one, Terry Shannon at wide receiver/corner, and Dustin Engel. They have some really good players."

Keys to a victory
"I think we got to contain Herbst. We got to play a perfect game offensively and defensively. W e got to click on all cylinders."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News