ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - 10/12

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What are elite football players saying about their opponent this weekend on the field? Find out now!

Player: Dubuque Senior running back Samuel Schnee

Opponent: North Scott

What are your thoughts on North Scott next?
“They are a good team. I think it will be a good game. We will have a good game plan. It’ll be a good game.”

What do you know about their players?
“I know they have a good running back. That is about it.”

What are the keys to having success?
“If we execute our game plan offensively we can take pressure off of our defense. That would give us a good chance of winning.”

Player: Spirit Lake quarterback Nick Christensen

Opponent: Sergeant-Bluff Luton

What do you know about your next opponent in Sergeant-Bluff Luton?
“They are a really good team that has been really successful. They have a good defense. Like I said earlier, if we can finish drives we will be doing good on offense. That will give us the best chance to win.”

Do they have any top players that stand out on their team?
“I’m not too aware. I know they have a good defense and fly around to the ball. I don't know much else about the rest of their players at this point.”

What are the keys to a victory in this game and beyond?
“Offensively, we have to finish our drives and move the ball down the field. The defense has struggled at times wrapping up and finishing plays. It is just finishing drives and defensively making plays.”

Player: Cedar Rapids Xavier running back Maliki Wilson

Opponent: Vinton-Shellsburg

What do you know about your next opponent in Vinton-Shellsburg?
“They look like a good team. Our district has been weird with Benton beating everyone except for us. Everything is shaken up. Vinton has a kid committed to Kansas State. That will give both sides of the ball a really fun week of practice.”

“They look like a really good team. Against their defense, it will, be a pretty good challenge. It will be a home game so it gives us an advantage because of the tremendous fan support that we get. That will give us some momentum to get off to a good start.”

“Everything has to do their job. Football is a team sport and we need everyone clicking. If one person messes up, it can be over for the team. The little keys are what effect any game.”

Player: Grinnell quarterback Seth Howard

Opponent: Carlisle

What do you know about your next opponent in Carlisle?
“I know that they are a really physical team and really good. Talent wise, we can compare theme to Bondurant. We feel they are really close during that game. They really compare to them in my mind.”

“No, not so far.”

“It will be who makes more plays. It will be who stops the other team better against their biggest players.”

What are your goals for the rest of the season?
“I want to help lead our team to two victories. We haven't won yet but I want to finish out the season strong and help those seniors during the last two games.”

Player: Van Meter quarterback Blake Fryar

Opponent: Panorama

What do you know about your next opponent in Panorama?
“It is for sure the best record of any opponent this season. We have to play our best game so far. They have solid players. It will be a good game.”

“Levi Leiferman for sure. They also have a nice running back and some good players on defense.”

“I think we just got to have a lot of confidence in our defense. They have to get a lot of stops. On offense, we got to move the ball.”

Player: Storm Lake/St. Mary's athlete Michael Demers

Opponent: Spencer

What do you know about your next opponent in Spencer?
“We know they are a tough team and their defense is a strong point I’d say. We have to read our keys and be ready. We should be able to come out with another W.”

“They have a main wide receiver that is really their only go to guy. That is about it. They don't have any standout defensive players.”

“Really it is just doing their own job. Everyone has certain things to do and if you take care of your job, it should turn out good.”

Player: Cedar Rapids Washington offensive lineman Andrew Todd

Opponent: Waterloo East

What do you know about your next opponent in Waterloo East?
“I don't know a whole lot about them but I’ll be watching film this week. We want to make a statement again this week.”

“No, I don't really know.”

"It is going to be up front with our offensive line. If we can establish a run game and punch it down their throats, that will dictate how the game goes.”

Player: Washington offensive lineman Mitchell Huisenga

Opponent: Oskaloosa

What do you know about your next opponent in Oskaloosa?
“They are going to be a very tough team so we have to come out and play. We got to be ready for the pass defensively and be ready because they bring a lot of people.”

“Nope, I haven't seen anything yet.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News