ADVERTISEMENT

First top 10 upset of the year …first game of season

wow

Couldn’t happen to a better fanbase
Exactly... I used to love FSU when they were up & coming with Bobby Bowden and the Road Warriors... play anyone, anywhere, anytime. He really put FSU on the map with that attitude. THEN, once they got rolling and the SEC took notice, BB turned chickensyt and actually said 'it ain't who you beat, it's how many you win'... Fvck him and them.

They went from my 2nd favorite team to just ahead of spuat in a nanosecond... I've pulled against them every game except the spuat game in Jax... the meteor I pulled for didn't show up either.

Exactly... I used to love FSU when they were up & coming with Bobby Bowden and the Road Warriors... play anyone, anywhere, anytime. He really put FSU on the map with that attitude. THEN, once they got rolling and the SEC took notice, BB turned chickensyt and actually said 'it ain't who you beat, it's how many you win'... Fvck him and them.

They went from my 2nd favorite team to just ahead of spuat in a nanosecond... I've pulled against them every game except the spuat game in Jax... the meteor I pulled for didn't show up either.

Hmm....explains why I would occasionally see you on the FSU board

Reactions: derek_tiger

TX and UO are about to find out the same thing

Being an Auburn man. I have no fondness for Georgia Tech. That being said they do have one of the best fight songs in college football.

I especially like the part where they say "to hell with Georgia ".

I agree minus that last part. When it comes to fight songs I am partial to Georgia. But if I am being honest I put the following in front of the Dawgs

Alabama, Auburn, GT, Meatchikin, Notre Dame. I might give Rocky Top an honorable mention if it wasn’t an actual song and the y play it incessantly every time they make a tackle or gain a yard. Same goes for USC (the real one) on the incessant playing.

I agree minus that last part. When it comes to fight songs I am partial to Georgia. But if I am being honest I put the following in front of the Dawgs

Alabama, Auburn, GT, Meatchikin, Notre Dame. I might give Rocky Top an honorable mention if it wasn’t an actual song and the y play it incessantly every time they make a tackle or gain a yard. Same goes for USC (the real one) on the incessant playing.
I'm in agreement except for the cousin grinders being on the list. I just can't get past their overall douchiness. Notre Dame and Michigan are top notch.

You mad they mention Georgia and the nerds but not their little brother?
It was written in 1926 when Auburn was called Alabama Polytechnic Institute. Bama fans struggle with the word "Alabama", so there was no way they could pronounce the rest of it, let alone use it in a song.

Jokes aside, the two teams didn't play each other from 1908 until the 40s due to a disagreement. It makes sense that there wouldn't be a mention since 1926 was right in the middle of the hiatus.

Hmm....explains why I would occasionally see you on the FSU board
They banned me after about 2 days because I kept bringing up their fraudulent W-L record of beating the All Cupcake League to get to the MNC.

ACCcupcakes3to8.jpg

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Haven’t read much in this thread, but I won bookoodles of money on the GT moneyline and I still believe FSU will be in the playoffs.

Perhaps with 4, now with 12 there’s potential for a “gimmie”.
Not unless they go 12-0 (including ACC CG) Too many good teams this year and the way they have structured the Selection of the 12 teams.

I like Yale’s fight song. “Bulldogs! Bulldogs! Fight! Fight! Fight! Eli Yale. That has everything and not too much a fight song shoukd have.

Scandal Plagued University of Alabama Tuscaloosa

The NIL before NIL is legal form
🤔
I assume this derogatory acronym is the product of a fellow SEC dweller?
I’m reminded of the idiom involving “a pot and a kettle”. 😏

🤔
I assume this derogatory acronym is the product of a fellow SEC dweller?
I’m reminded of the idiom involving “a pot and a kettle”. 😏
There’s pots and kettles then there’s SPUAT. They were literally “staring down the barrel of THE (death penalty) gun”. - NCAA sanctions committee dude in the ‘90s after having to investigate them time after time WHILE THEY WERE ON PROBATION.
It’s been said many times but it’s so true….
Saban left when they made it LEGAL to pay all players for NIL. He no longer had an advantage and he hated it.

There’s pots and kettles then there’s SPUAT. They were literally “staring down the barrel of THE (death penalty) gun”. - NCAA sanctions committee dude in the ‘90s after having to investigate them time after time WHILE THEY WERE ON PROBATION.
It’s been said many times but it’s so true….
Saban left when they made it LEGAL to pay all players for NIL. He no longer had an advantage and he hated it.
If you ranked schools in the SEC by number of infractions - what would that list look like?

🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT