LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
AHSTW 30, Alta/Aurelia 28 (3 OT)
Akron-Westfield 42, Westwood, Sloan 21
Bishop Garrigan, Algona 12, Wapsie Valley, Fairbank 7
Edgewood-Colesburg 58, B-G-M, Brooklyn 21
Highland, Riverside 14, Durant 13
Hudson 44, Lynnville-Sully 22
Newman Catholic, Mason City 31, North Tama, Traer 28 (OT)
West Hancock, Britt 42, Hinton 20

Another epic road trip for the Beasts to the banks of the mighty Big Sioux river.
Nice countryside out that direction.

Clearly there a product of playing bad teams... they’ll beat Newman and make the dome, but I don’t expect them to come within 2 touchdowns on whoever they play. AP poll had them at 2. Lol any top 10 team could gone 9-0 with there schedule. Not to mention they got an easy road in the playoffs. Sorry went on a little rant there but the state continually does the most idiotic things

AHSTW has a nice tailback in Gabe Pauley, and schedule wise they beat a Saint Albert Team that usually sets up shop at the dome this time of year. I wouldn't count them out.

Clearly there a product of playing bad teams... they’ll beat Newman and make the dome, but I don’t expect them to come within 2 touchdowns on whoever they play. AP poll had them at 2. Lol any top 10 team could gone 9-0 with there schedule. Not to mention they got an easy road in the playoffs. Sorry went on a little rant there but the state continually does the most idiotic things
Clearly you dont know much about them. St Albert and A-A were solid teams. I heard St Albert had 5 starters that got in trouble before the season and had to sit out those 3 games they lost early in the year. The 2 A-A losses came by one point. Seems like you're just looking at their record and nothing else. Just saying. Newman looks like a solid team too. It will be a battle come friday!

Garrigan is not gonna win State.

these teams all have 0% chance of winning state. Avoca, Newman, Highland, Akron, Edgewood. I can see Akron sneaking into the dome but they’ll lose in the first round. The only teams that can beat Hudson that are left are Britt and Garrigan. Unless I’m wrong about Hudson. Edgewood is very good too. EvilMonkey, Britt and Garrigan are the other 2 best teams in the state. Edgewood is right behind them at 4

Well Hudson is going to make it to the championship I think, and yeah, Garrigan and west Hancock could very well both lose there next game, but those other teams will most definitely lose to Hudson. If you honestly think any of those other teams have a chance you don’t know football lol. Edgewood has an outside shot but they don’t have a ton of experience so I doubt it. Wapsie is better then Avoca, Newman, And highland. The winner of the Akron & West Hancock game will be a tough out in the dome

these teams all have 0% chance of winning state. Avoca, Newman, Highland, Akron, Edgewood. I can see Akron sneaking into the dome but they’ll lose in the first round. The only teams that can beat Hudson that are left are Britt and Garrigan. Unless I’m wrong about Hudson. Edgewood is very good too. EvilMonkey, Britt and Garrigan are the other 2 best teams in the state. Edgewood is right behind them at 4

well someone (Logan hansen @loghanratings) apparently did the math. And lo' and behold every team does still have a chance...

Hudson 29.6%
Britt 19.9%
ed-co 18.8%
A-W 15.3%
Garrigan 5.6%
avoca 5.1%
Highland 3.2%
Newman 2.5%

And i'm no math major, but this would seem to imply that Ed-Co would be the favorite against Garrigan in the quarterfinal ?

well someone (Logan hansen @loghanratings) apparently did the math. And lo' and behold every team does still have a chance...

Hudson 29.6%
Britt 19.9%
ed-co 18.8%
A-W 15.3%
Garrigan 5.6%
avoca 5.1%
Highland 3.2%
Newman 2.5%

And i'm no math major, but this would seem to imply that Ed-Co would be the favorite against Garrigan in the quarterfinal ?
How can Garrigan only be 5.6%? and Avoca 5.1% ? this makes no sense to me.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23

Hudson 29.6%
Britt 19.9%
ed-co 18.8%
A-W 15.3%
Garrigan 5.6%
avoca 5.1%
Highland 3.2%
Newman 2.5%

Looks like Logan needs to stay off the drugs with these percentages lol

Yeah, and Bcmoore said Xavier was going to beat Pella by 39 points before they played. I’m gonna go with the eye test rather then some mathematical formula

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
What is edgewoods story are they a product of an easy schedule? 58 points scored in first round is impressive!

just play physical and smart football. Not too fancy... not too big! Athletic, and Their RB #2 is a dude!! He Can beat you in many ways!!

I think you can throw all of the %'s out the window. Hudson is a very good team, but, by no means are they dominant. They play very smart, disciplined football and are able to capitalize on other teams mistakes. L-S is living proof of that. I think that a team that can make big plays through the air, have a solid run defense, and good special teams can beat them. If you try and play a run-first, smash-mouth, low scoring type of football with them you will loose. I was most impressed with their kicker & QB/punter.

What is edgewoods story are they a product of an easy schedule? 58 points scored in first round is impressive!

Ed-Co is the real deal. They are much better defensively than they have been in the past, which is why they have made the leap this year, in my opinion. They arent huge, so if there is a team with a dominant line (which is what garrigan seems to be?) then I think that could pose problems for Ed-Co

They have been good offensively for the past couple years, and brought most of their team back. They run spread for the most part and want to run mostly through Rochford, no shock there if you look at their stats. But their QB, streicher, is a very effective thrower, which makes it difficult to stack up against the run. But they have lots of interchangeable parts that they can throw too and get some carries to to keep teams off balance

There only loss was to bellevue, who might win 1A. I believe that game was 21-20 at one point and then bellevue won 42-20?
I thought maybe bellevue and west branch were a little overrated, but after they crushed mepo and osage, respectively, in first round last week, maybe not?

EDCO is a good team but BGM that they played in the first round was not for being an 8-1 team. BGMs first 4 opponents combined were 4 - 32 and I think they only played 1 team with more than 6 wins and they got beat by them. I will take Garrigan 31 -8 as I think they control Rochford running the football. EdCos defense has been good as they will blitz or send somebody on almost every play but I think the long road trip and the tradition of Garrigan plays huge roles.

Thanks for the insight guys I had no idea on Ed-Co! I feel like for Garrigan the Wapsie game was a good test for them going forward!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT