ADVERTISEMENT

EIH 4A, 3A Top Ten Rankings- Week 2

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Been looking for some rankings at the end of this week on this site. Finding none, here we go again- my best teams in Class 4A and 3A. A 1A has been posted, and I wish someone would post a 2A top ten.

4A Top Ten- Week 2

1. Iowa City West- so far the best big man and guard combo, against good competition.
2. Waukee. It's a long season, and they could be #1 if they pile up more impressive wins.
3. Cedar Falls. Finally lost a game, but several impressive wins.
4. Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln. Best team in that area of the state.
5. Ankeny Centennial- strong team in a strong conference
6. Dubuque Hempstead- young team with a star player in Michael Duax
7. North Scott, best 4A in the MAC so far
8. Waterloo West- predicted to be strong, but exceeding expectations.
9. Sioux City East- best in the area, but dropped because of weaker opponents this year.
10. Dubuque Senior- I'd have them higher, but a killer schedule coming up, with #1 next.
10. Tie- West Des Moines Dowling, redeeming themselves after first game.

In the wings: Iowa City Liberty, CR Prairie, Ankeny, Linn-Mar,

3A Top 10- Week 2

1. Norwalk- lost to the new #2, but I think Norwalk still has the sparkle
2. Winterset- huge jump up the ratings after their big win over Norwalk
3. Davenport Assumption- Unbeaten with several impressive wins
4. Sergeant Bluff- Luten- best in their area in 3A
5. Dallas Center-Grimes- dangerous team which could beat anyone
6. Pella- struggling a bit against a rough schedule.
7. CR Xavier- another 3A power that plays one tough game after another
8. Harlan- quietly going undefeated
9. Carroll- could say the same for them- quietly winning
10- Clear Creek-Amana- big wins in last two games.

In the wings- Clear Lake, Grinnell, Monticello, Gilbert.

Let's hear your comments. A lot of these teams are going to get beat in both classes simply because they play so many top teams. I think the MVC, which was maligned early on, has shown to be just as tough as usual-- just reapportioned a little differently.

Last edited:
ronsss- You may be right. Teams are so "even" this year that attempts to rank them get "blown away" within the following week. I've been watching Glenwood ever since their terrific run to the championship two years ago. I used to have my own rankings when I was a sports writer years ago, but I hope that our site moderator (Luke) indicates when he is (if he is) going to start his rankings. The Iowa Newspaper Assn. folks are voting right now, and their ratings should hit the papers Tuesday or Wednesday. Mine are just to get some discussion going. I'd do a 2A too, but after Pella Christian and Dyersville Beckman, it would be pure guessing on my part. These two 2A teams are probably better than most 3A's.

i am just stating that glenwood
ronsss- You may be right. Teams are so "even" this year that attempts to rank them get "blown away" within the following week. I've been watching Glenwood ever since their terrific run to the championship two years ago. I used to have my own rankings when I was a sports writer years ago, but I hope that our site moderator (Luke) indicates when he is (if he is) going to start his rankings. The Iowa Newspaper Assn. folks are voting right now, and their ratings should hit the papers Tuesday or Wednesday. Mine are just to get some discussion going. I'd do a 2A too, but after Pella Christian and Dyersville Beckman, it would be pure guessing on my part. These two 2A teams are probably better than most 3A's.
after taking a closer look , it could be a tossup between harlan and glenwood...ya,,,,tough to the parity of a lot of teams to rank them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT