ADVERTISEMENT

Early Performances so far

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
I just saw Algona stacked their 1600M Medley and ran a 3:29....with the 2nd place team finishing nearly 30 seconds behind. Unreal to run that fast this early without any competition.

http://www.aspimeetz.com/Results/Results.aspx?IDMeet=g20153103092244063be5fd8d5ccaf4e

The Drake Relays 1600M is shaping to be a good one with Pollard vs Schweizer. I wouldn't be surprise if both go under 4:10.

Jeff Giannettino. 7'0'' is always a nice jump.

Tonight in Winterset has Dolecheck (1A Champ) and Wolfe (3A Champ, Drake Relays Runner-Up) in the 800m together.

How about a 23' something jump from Clear Lake.
I heard Cedar Falls ran low 43 4x100.
Some of High Hurdle times impressive.
Shuttle by Mt. Pleasant very good 59.1 or something like that.

Does anyone know if the 400H times for the Pekin freshmen are accurate? 53.3 and 57.3, forgive me for being skeptical, but their best open quarters are 55.0 and 57.2.

Yeah....doesn't appear so. Per this article, they have Isaiah Wittrock finishing 2nd in the 400H at that meet.....and I hardly think another kid in SE Iowa can run a 53 in the 400 hurdles this early in the season.

This post was edited on 4/8 8:34 AM by mtdew_fever

Pekin Article

Had to be a mistake. I'm sure he will get contacted by someone to resolve this mistake.

This post was edited on 4/8 10:35 AM by zonkeyjerky

This post was edited on 4/8 11:30 AM by zonkeyjerky

Interesting that whoever beat the Pekin kid, his coach decided not to post his Drake qualifying and State leading time on quick stats.

It is fixed now.
Probably started on wrong line.
Anyone know if that is what happened in Bloomtown? Has anyone ever had that happen to them at a meet, starting on wrong line? What is the protocol when that happens?

Not sure on the wrong line situation. 4x2 should have the biggest stagger (longest race in lanes), hard to believe it would be 10 second difference though for a 400H.

Originally posted by tfan12345:
It is fixed now.
Probably started on wrong line.
Anyone know if that is what happened in Bloomtown? Has anyone ever had that happen to them at a meet, starting on wrong line? What is the protocol when that happens?
Yep. This happened in the Drake Relays girls Sprint Medley in 2008. They lined up the first two heats on 4x100 start lines. We were in lane two, so not a huge impact on us, but I knew something was wrong when my lead-off ran 15+.

That year 12 teams were slower than 1:52.8.
In 2009, just 3 teams slower than that.
In 2007, just 5 teams slower than that.

No protocol in place for that or what you referenced. Coach's need to realize it was wrong and not submit times to quikstats in that event.

One year, the results at the ISU Indoor was off and the 3000m times were recorded incorrectly for several finishers. Multiple coaches submitted those times allowing those athletes to compete at Drake Relays where they finished slower than their qualifying time which is abnormal for the 3000m especially one contested 6 weeks later into the season.

I'm sure we've all been a part of a 9-lap 3200 or a 7-lap 3200. The D3 national meet miscounted laps and many ran 4800, others ran 5000. The official times/places were the position they were in at 4800.

EDIT was made to eliminate identifying just one school who used false 3k times.
This post was edited on 4/12 9:57 PM by B-K_Teach

Integrity of the coach who entered the performance should be in question and shame should be the word of the day after that happened. Two words losing their meaning in today's society. What did the student learn?

Originally posted by On Wings of Eagles:

Integrity of the coach who entered the performance should be in question and shame should be the word of the day after that happened. Two words losing their meaning in today's society. What did the student learn?
10:50.86 was the Drake Relays cutoff that year. Below are the results from the Iowa State Indoor that year. Having been there and seeing the margin between 2nd and 3rd, and then looking at the results, it was immediately clear there was a timing error. Look at the hundredths for all girls finishing 3rd through 9th. Recall, back in those years, they were running heats of the 60m dash concurrently with the 3000m

Kudos to Iowa City West for not entering Jordan Stahlecker's 10:46.00 as she did not run at Drake. Finishers in 3rd, 5th, and 6th did run. They were 3.5, 7.9, and 12.8 seconds slower than their qualifying times, an average of 8.1 seconds slower. Not counting the 19th and 21st finishers who clearly had a bad day, the average improvement compared to qualifying was 7.75 seconds. In all, a 15.85 second difference between average drop vs average slow down.

Event 4 Girls 3000 Meter Run
1 Hannah Roeder Roosevelt 10:31.68
2 Sarah Wickman I.C. West 10:40.27
3 Tara Scieszinski Albia 10:42.00
4 Jordan Stahlecker I.C. West 10:46.00
5 Kayla Marsh Rockwell-Swa 10:48.00
6 Brittany Rover Ames 10:50.00
7 Alissa Duffy Wdm Valley 10:52.00
8 Katie Thompson Fort Dodge 10:54.00
9 Jessica Christensen Harlan 11:01.00

This post was edited on 4/12 10:03 PM by B-K_Teach

The first 800 between 3A Champ Wolfe and 1A Champ Dolecheck wasn't very exciting at Winterset, but tonight in Creston Wolfe 1:54 Dolecheck 1:57 Briley 1:57. Great night for running equals big time races.

Creston doesn't have much this year other than Wolfe and Briley. Does either of those two run other events other than the 800?

They both run 4x8 and 4x4 as well. It will be interesting to see how McDermott reacts coming off an injury, he could bring their 4x8 into contention. Wolfe ran a 49 split in the 4x4 at Creston, so it's possible he runs the open 4 at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT