ADVERTISEMENT

District 5 title game

Gut says HLV, heart says Wayne.

All comes down to eliminating non-offensive touchdowns. I think the offenses can go toe-to-toe just fine; but HLV has had a huge edge on special teams and on interception returns this season. If they don't get those plays on Friday, we should be in for one heckuva game.

Wayne 63 HLV 42..........but either HLV has gotten better since I saw them early in the year or GR didn't bring their "A" game because I was surprised at the closeness of that game. I still have to give the nod to Corydon, but if HLV has gotten better since early on either team being victorious shouldn't come as too much of a shock.

Heart says Warriors, gut says Warriors. I like HLV winning their second straight district championship. I wasn't at the GR game but I do know Dakota Stults didn't play in that game and I feel like he would've made an impact and kept the game closer.

HLV 58 Wayne 20

Originally posted by SICL Cares:

Heart says Warriors, gut says Warriors. I like HLV winning their second straight district championship. I wasn't at the GR game but I do know Dakota Stults didn't play in that game and I feel like he would've made an impact and kept the game closer.

HLV 58 Wayne 20
That would definitely hurt their offense, but I don't think he would have made any meaningful difference last week. HLV ran for 33 yards on 35 carries against GR; I don't see how adding the team's third-leading rusher would have changed the ground game's effectiveness much.

He is also a role player that helps run the team, his stats may not be all good and glory but he does serve as a leader on this warrior football team

I'm not saying he isn't those things. Any kid willing to step aside as the starting quarterback in his senior year (I know he got hurt, but still) to help the team has some serious leadership skills. I just don't think his presence would have made much difference last week. It'll be a big deal if he's playing tonight, though.

Yes you are right about the whole stepping aside as a quarterback , I myself did so just a year ago for the warriors to play running back, so this change is really nothing new for the team.He will definatley need to bring his A game tonight for the game. Should be a very good game but Stults will have an impact on the Warrior win tonght.
This post was edited on 10/25 1:03 PM by 686D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT