ADVERTISEMENT

Daughter just beat the absolute shit out of the China flu

...fine...I'm nothing if not a helper of the durptarded. Does this help?

You constantly call bullshit on your own bullshit...and then you immediately double down on the bullshit. It's a sight to behold tbh.
Oh, you’re one of those people who think exposing them to Delta variant is just like the flu. LOL! I WAY overestimated your intelligence.

You’re talking to BK and @Pops Masterson, who are just basement floor IQ idiots. Like all anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers, selfish, brainwashed, idiots…

Haha, take a look at the other articles available on the Gazette from his link.

😂...and this clown talks about right-wing news bubbles? LOL, ok.

Oh, you’re one of those people who think exposing them to Delta variant is just like the flu. LOL! I WAY overestimated your intelligence.

You fail at everything. Seriously, it seems unlikely but you always pull through.

Your words...98+%...and he put her life in jeopardy???

Pick a talking point, stick with that bitch and ride it home. Switching mid paragraph is ridiculous...even by your standards.

As of September 1st, according to the CDC, 440 juveniles (0-18) have died from covid in the US.

For perspective, more than twice that many have died from unrelated pneumonia in that same time frame.

More perspective...shit loads more have died in traffic accidents. So, assuming peenace has had a kid in his free candy van, he put that kid in far more jeopardy than @Pops Masterson 's daughter was in while she was making covid her bitch.

My goodness has SockMonkey outed himself as a pissed off little bitch!!!!
What happened to decorum and dignified debate?
He has shown he has zero class by attacking others’ wives and children. That takes a true POS and further points to the fact that his early childhood role models were also classless low life plebeians.
And he has been claiming higher moral ground?
What a joke!

My goodness has SockMonkey outed himself as a pissed off little bitch!!!!
What happened to decorum and dignified debate?
He has shown he has zero class by attacking others’ wives and children. That takes a true POS and further points to the fact that his early childhood role models were also classless low life plebeians.
And he has been claiming higher moral ground?
What a joke!
It's different!!!

I can't help it that you believe a piece of cloth reduces the amount of aerosols in the air, or that it affects the distance that they spread from the infected person. What you are describing applies to droplet spread, not true aerosols. Aerosols can hang in the air for H O U R S without good airflow/ventilation. It's why the 6 foot rule is absolutely useless and hasn't made any bit of difference. It's also why those plexiglass dividers that went up everywhere actually only makes things worse. They made people "feel better", but turns out they reduce airflow and make spread of the virus more likely.

Anybody that thinks a cloth mask helps prevent the spread of aerosols by a "very significant amount" is extremely uninformed
This is not a response to needle you or get a response, but to give you information on what I know about liters and how they work. This is to explain to you to you that a cloth mask is very effective in reducing the aerosols in the air and the distance they travel from an infected person.

I am probably the only one on this board that has done any testing and study with filters and filter systems. I can assure you that they do or they do not follow the physical laws of filtering.

First of all I have never said a mask can stop you from breathing aerosol particles thru it either way and it will not. Some particles will get thru breathing in or exhaling.

I studied a bunch of filter systems early on in my career both in the lab and in the field. Admittedly the cloth mask is not an ideal filter. I studied everything including diatomaceous earth filters which is to stop particles smaller than you can see.

I once had a job for 3 years where I supervised 31 engineers and 7 engineering assistants. So grant me that I have a little technical expertise. I was a District Engineer for Texaco at that time.

Oil companies begin to produce amounts of salt water which could not be disposed of in surface pits. Early in my career I worked at a location where the amount of produced salt water was about 20,000 barrels a day. (5.615 cubic feet per barrel or 40 gallons per barrel). The method to dispose of this was to clean it up and pump back it in a saltwater sand at depth, mostly below 4000 feet.

A frequent problem was the disposal wells plugging at the sand face. The sand face was sort of a filter and particles much smaller than the openings between grains of sand were a large part of what was stoping it up. The well had to be treated which was expensive but no where near the loss of revenues from shutdown oil and gas productions for a few days.

Repairing the wells was costly and expensive methods to restore the well to injection from back washing, to acidizinng, to filtering the water before injection was made. The primary method was filtering as the other methods were often harmful
To the wells.

There were a number of ways to remove the particles from settling covered pits to filters.

Filtering was studied in the field and in the lab. Most oil company labs like Texaco, Exxon etc. were state of the art labs and literally had hundreds of people working in them. The Texaco Production Lab in Bellaire, TX covered more than 4 blocks and contained a large 5 story and 7 story building.

They concentrated on things to do with the production of oil and gas. One of the things was disposal of salt water underground. Around 1950 when salt water production started to increase in Texas a law was passed that surface evaporation pits, creeks, rivers, bays, etc. could no longer be used to dispose of saltwater. It became a critical economic problem.

I am not giving you all this information to make you have knowledge of Texaco but to demonstrate that they were serious in studying the problem and developed a lot of data about filtering.

One if the things we spent a lot of time on was why particles smaller than the spaces they had to travel thru partially stopped up the pore spaces thru which they were pumped. What was discovered was that when the water entered the sand face intercies they were traveling a tortuous path around the grains. This slows them down to a stop and some of them deposit on sand grains making the openings smaller until they are eventually closed by particle unbelievably smaller than the openings.

This same thing happens in the mask. The aerosols have to find the openings in the first piece cloth and changing directions as it encounters the next layer and the next one until there are no more layers. Then the ones who do escape are slowed down and don’t go as far from the infected person.

That’s the process that inhibits the aerosols from all escaping and going as far as without a mask. This process cannot be averted unless you change the laws of physics.

Notice I used the word inhibit. It does not stop the corona virus altogether but it really slows them down and where they were breathed out thru a mask what they call the “load” is decreased. This the density of aerosols in the air that is breathed in. While there are no possible studies of how the “load” might affect the security of the disease many doctors etc think a heavy “load” severe, light light “load” less severe. It would be a very difficult study as no one knows what kind of “load” infected anyone.

There is a plethora of masks out there and some are better than others. People also use them different ways, some more improper than others, which affects the effectiveness of the mask. They, however, are all effective. They significantly reduce the number of corona virus breathed out by infected people so there is far less opportunity for someone to encounter the virus. It also makes the “load” breathed out lighter

If you know of any information that’s the corona virus do not follow the rules of particles thru a tortuous path in a mask I would like to see them. I not picking at you. If you know of one I would like to find it and read it.

The reason I mentioned the stuff about the salt water was to demonstrate the importance some of the largest companies in the world at that time were significantly effected by them and badly needed a solution. They devoted significant resources to it. Sorry if it bored you.

This is not a response to needle you or get a response, but to give you information on what I know about liters and how they work. This is to explain to you to you that a cloth mask is very effective in reducing the aerosols in the air and the distance they travel from an infected person.

I am probably the only one on this board that has done any testing and study with filters and filter systems. I can assure you that they do or they do not follow the physical laws of filtering.

First of all I have never said a mask can stop you from breathing aerosol particles thru it either way and it will not. Some particles will get thru breathing in or exhaling.

I studied a bunch of filter systems early on in my career both in the lab and in the field. Admittedly the cloth mask is not an ideal filter. I studied everything including diatomaceous earth filters which is to stop particles smaller than you can see.

I once had a job for 3 years where I supervised 31 engineers and 7 engineering assistants. So grant me that I have a little technical expertise. I was a District Engineer for Texaco at that time.

Oil companies begin to produce amounts of salt water which could not be disposed of in surface pits. Early in my career I worked at a location where the amount of produced salt water was about 20,000 barrels a day. (5.615 cubic feet per barrel or 40 gallons per barrel). The method to dispose of this was to clean it up and pump back it in a saltwater sand at depth, mostly below 4000 feet.

A frequent problem was the disposal wells plugging at the sand face. The sand face was sort of a filter and particles much smaller than the openings between grains of sand were a large part of what was stoping it up. The well had to be treated which was expensive but no where near the loss of revenues from shutdown oil and gas productions for a few days.

Repairing the wells was costly and expensive methods to restore the well to injection from back washing, to acidizinng, to filtering the water before injection was made. The primary method was filtering as the other methods were often harmful
To the wells.

There were a number of ways to remove the particles from settling covered pits to filters.

Filtering was studied in the field and in the lab. Most oil company labs like Texaco, Exxon etc. were state of the art labs and literally had hundreds of people working in them. The Texaco Production Lab in Bellaire, TX covered more than 4 blocks and contained a large 5 story and 7 story building.

They concentrated on things to do with the production of oil and gas. One of the things was disposal of salt water underground. Around 1950 when salt water production started to increase in Texas a law was passed that surface evaporation pits, creeks, rivers, bays, etc. could no longer be used to dispose of saltwater. It became a critical economic problem.

I am not giving you all this information to make you have knowledge of Texaco but to demonstrate that they were serious in studying the problem and developed a lot of data about filtering.

One if the things we spent a lot of time on was why particles smaller than the spaces they had to travel thru partially stopped up the pore spaces thru which they were pumped. What was discovered was that when the water entered the sand face intercies they were traveling a tortuous path around the grains. This slows them down to a stop and some of them deposit on sand grains making the openings smaller until they are eventually closed by particle unbelievably smaller than the openings.

This same thing happens in the mask. The aerosols have to find the openings in the first piece cloth and changing directions as it encounters the next layer and the next one until there are no more layers. Then the ones who do escape are slowed down and don’t go as far from the infected person.

That’s the process that inhibits the aerosols from all escaping and going as far as without a mask. This process cannot be averted unless you change the laws of physics.

Notice I used the word inhibit. It does not stop the corona virus altogether but it really slows them down and where they were breathed out thru a mask what they call the “load” is decreased. This the density of aerosols in the air that is breathed in. While there are no possible studies of how the “load” might affect the security of the disease many doctors etc think a heavy “load” severe, light light “load” less severe. It would be a very difficult study as no one knows what kind of “load” infected anyone.

There is a plethora of masks out there and some are better than others. People also use them different ways, some more improper than others, which affects the effectiveness of the mask. They, however, are all effective. They significantly reduce the number of corona virus breathed out by infected people so there is far less opportunity for someone to encounter the virus. It also makes the “load” breathed out lighter

If you know of any information that’s the corona virus do not follow the rules of particles thru a tortuous path in a mask I would like to see them. I not picking at you. If you know of one I would like to find it and read it.

The reason I mentioned the stuff about the salt water was to demonstrate the importance some of the largest companies in the world at that time were significantly effected by them and badly needed a solution. They devoted significant resources to it. Sorry if it bored you.

The problem with all your information about filters is...the vast majority of the air you breath through a "cloth mask" simply goes around the mask, it largely just redirects the airflow. The majority of it comes out the sides or the tops.

The other issue is, all the lab tests on masks and theoretical value of the "filtering capability" of masks is useless if there's no real world detectable benefit to widespread masking. There's only been two large RCT trials (one Dutch study and the other Bangladesh study that just came out), and there was no detectable benefit to the groups wearing cloth masks. Of course a good mask will provide some net benefit to the user, but the net benefit of what has been mandated hasn't even been measurable. If everybody wore a properly fitted N95 mask with no gaps (the efficacy of an N95 mask goes to practically zero with even small gaps, because all the air escapes through those gaps), yes transmission would be cut a decent amount. But that's not feasible, and what has been forced on people is almost useless.

At this point, doctors that aren't hard left partisian know that the cloth/surgical masks that are being mandated only decrease transmission by a very small amount, if they do at all. They can't come out and say that yeah, masks may only decrease transmission by 5-10% if at all, because that's not what they've been selling for 18 months.

Reactions: roosterk
The problem with all your information about filters is...the vast majority of the air you breath through a "cloth mask" simply goes around the mask, it largely just redirects the airflow. The majority of it comes out the sides or the tops.

The other issue is, all the lab tests on masks and theoretical value of the "filtering capability" of masks is useless if there's no real world detectable benefit to widespread masking. There's only been two large RCT trials (one Dutch study and the other Bangladesh study that just came out), and there was no detectable benefit to the groups wearing cloth masks. Of course a good mask will provide some net benefit to the user, but the net benefit of what has been mandated hasn't even been measurable. If everybody wore a properly fitted N95 mask with no gaps (the efficacy of an N95 mask goes to practically zero with even small gaps, because all the air escapes through those gaps), yes transmission would be cut a decent amount. But that's not feasible, and what has been forced on people is almost useless.

At this point, doctors that aren't hard left partisian know that the cloth/surgical masks that are being mandated only decrease transmission by a very small amount, if they do at all. They can't come out and say that yeah, masks may only decrease transmission by 5-10% if at all, because that's not what they've been selling for 18 months.
You don’t like wearing masks so you look around for reasons to not wear one. I am around a lot of masks wearers and nearly all of them wear the walk correctly. I can tell you way more people wear the mask correctly than do not. If I had to guess from my personal observation probably 75% of them at a minimum.

And your statement that only far left doctors say masks don’t help much is ludicrous. I know plenty of doctors who have said the masks are not perfect, but they do a lot of good. I know a bunch of doctors and average going to clinic where there are probably 69-70 doctors work. They of course all wear masks as clinics are required. These doctors encourage their patients to wear the masks.

it’s like when you put that report about the vaccine and the last sentence unqualifiedly stated that taking the booster vaccine shot would materially improve the immunization system for both people who had been vaccinated and those who were relying on antibodies from having the covid 19 for immunity. You said you wanted to take it out. It was the most important thing in the whole paper. You wanted to take it out because went against what you wanted to believe.

Then when nearly everyone including doctors tell you that a huge reason for the low incidence of flu last year were the mask and social distancing you don’t want to hear because it proves masks and social distancing work.

Start out with what you want to believe and pick and choose stuff to support it.

I wonder if you guys can look in a mirror and see if you can tell yourself that stuff and see if you believe it. Try it.

You don’t like wearing masks so you look around for reasons to not wear one. I am around a lot of masks wearers and nearly all of them wear the walk correctly. I can tell you way more people wear the mask correctly than do not. If I had to guess from my personal observation probably 75% of them at a minimum.

And your statement that only far left doctors say masks don’t help much is ludicrous. I know plenty of doctors who have said the masks are not perfect, but they do a lot of good. I know a bunch of doctors and average going to clinic where there are probably 69-70 doctors work. They of course all wear masks as clinics are required. These doctors encourage their patients to wear the masks.

it’s like when you put that report about the vaccine and the last sentence unqualifiedly stated that taking the booster vaccine shot would materially improve the immunization system for both people who had been vaccinated and those who were relying on antibodies from having the covid 19 for immunity. You said you wanted to take it out. It was the most important thing in the whole paper. You wanted to take it out because went against what you wanted to believe.

Then when nearly everyone including doctors tell you that a huge reason for the low incidence of flu last year were the mask and social distancing you don’t want to hear because it proves masks and social distancing work.

Start out with what you want to believe and pick and choose stuff to support it.

I wonder if you guys can look in a mirror and see if you can tell yourself that stuff and see if you believe it. Try it.
🐑

There's so many things wrong in this post it's laughable, but i'll just focus on the most obvious one.

You're so full of shit on what that paper proved your eyeballs are floating. Everything you accuse me of in the last two sentences is because you can't admit what that paper was showing and how it conflicts with what you have been led to believe about vaccination people vs. people with naturally acquired immunity. I wanted to take it out because I knew you'd focus only on that only instead of the fact that the paper was in direct conflict with the previous statements you'd made, and it turns out I was completely correct.

You made the argument that Vaccinated Immunity > Natural Immunity. That premise of that paper was that Natural Immunity >>> Vaccine Immunity, yet because a vaccine on top of the natural immunity might improve it a little more, you somehow claim that makes you correct. No, it makes you full of shit.

Reactions: dhetiger

Do I think masks are the panacea the left purports, no. Are they potentially useful, yes. A lot of what Bill is saying is correct on general filtration, but there is multi-phase particle dynamics involved

to boil this down to two primary effects of a mask, let’s talk arrestance and resistance to flow.

Arrestance is the actual capture of a particle or droplet impinging onto the intervening media. N95 has 95% arrestance. Cloth has about 20-28% arrestance. Gators have probably about 12%. The higher the %, the more particles arrested - so the higher risk area one person would enter, the higher arrestance should be sought

resistance to flow impacts dispersal and particle capture. With respect to dispersal, and resistance can reduce the driving force and terminal velocity of a cough or breath. Anyone sick should consider to wear a mask if coughing heavily. In a large room, a infected source can certainly reduce their area of effect with anything on their face to reduce discharge velocity and throw.

on the intake side, particle capture is a function of velocity as well, but the eddy currents on particular capture is far more diffuse than a cough outward, as it pulls multi-directionally - lower velocities around the Respiratory intake reduces the zone of intake around the person. Even on an ill fitting N95. It’s not as effective of course, but the flow regimes around the face contour to a degree that greatly reduces the area from which an inhale can draw droplets suspended

That’s all microscopic particle behavior, excluding effects of somebody walking by and drafting, or effects of HVAC air flow induction, or other numerous other conditions

bottom line, IMO all whom are Covid positive should wear a mask to reduce dispersal. If someone is going into an area with potential high droplet count with suspect patients within 3-5 feet of the observer, then a mask should be worn…. Anything else is dealers choice IMO…. But a lot of these mask mandates are overkill

As of September 1st, according to the CDC, 440 juveniles (0-18) have died from covid in the US.

For perspective, more than twice that many have died from unrelated pneumonia in that same time frame.

More perspective...shit loads more have died in traffic accidents. So, assuming peenace has had a kid in his free candy van, he put that kid in far more jeopardy than @Pops Masterson 's daughter was in while she was making covid her bitch.

I'd be willing to bet that many were shot in Chicago over the summer.

Do I think masks are the panacea the left purports, no. Are they potentially useful, yes. A lot of what Bill is saying is correct on general filtration, but there is multi-phase particle dynamics involved

to boil this down to two primary effects of a mask, let’s talk arrestance and resistance to flow.

Arrestance is the actual capture of a particle or droplet impinging onto the intervening media. N95 has 95% arrestance. Cloth has about 20-28% arrestance. Gators have probably about 12%. The higher the %, the more particles arrested - so the higher risk area one person would enter, the higher arrestance should be sought

resistance to flow impacts dispersal and particle capture. With respect to dispersal, and resistance can reduce the driving force and terminal velocity of a cough or breath. Anyone sick should consider to wear a mask if coughing heavily. In a large room, a infected source can certainly reduce their area of effect with anything on their face to reduce discharge velocity and throw.

on the intake side, particle capture is a function of velocity as well, but the eddy currents on particular capture is far more diffuse than a cough outward, as it pulls multi-directionally - lower velocities around the Respiratory intake reduces the zone of intake around the person. Even on an ill fitting N95. It’s not as effective of course, but the flow regimes around the face contour to a degree that greatly reduces the area from which an inhale can draw droplets suspended

That’s all microscopic particle behavior, excluding effects of somebody walking by and drafting, or effects of HVAC air flow induction, or other numerous other conditions

bottom line, IMO all whom are Covid positive should wear a mask to reduce dispersal. If someone is going into an area with potential high droplet count with suspect patients within 3-5 feet of the observer, then a mask should be worn…. Anything else is dealers choice IMO…. But a lot of these mask mandates are overkill

See I don't really take any issue with what you have said here. In certain controlled settings, they can certainly provide some level of benefit (though, and perhaps my biggest issue, is that this level has been greatly oversold). There's a large gray area between "masks work!" and "masks don't work!" that neither side is typically very good at discussing, myself being guilty of this a lot of the time.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Stick to the subject and point he is trying to make. Is Covid deadlier to the handful of kids who died of Covid, or is the flu deadlier to the handful of kids who died of Covid?
I stick to my point. The corona virus has evolved a number of times. Most of the times it has evolved it has brcome much more infectious. For example variant D is 160% more infectious than the original tand younger people are being infected. The vast majority of people getting the virus now are unvaccinated though there have been some breakthroughs. The break thrus have all been mild cases.

The way to stop this is getting to the point where fewer people are being infected. The only thing we have right now is the vaccine. That’s the point.

Last edited:
I stick to my point. The corona virus has evolved a number of times. Most of the times it has evolved it has brcome much more infectious. For example variant D is 160% more infectious than the original tand younger people are being infected. The vast majority of people getting the virus now are unvaccinated though there have been some breakthroughs. The break thrus have all been mild cases.

The way to stop this is getting to the point where fewer people are being infected. The only thing we have right now is the vaccine. That’s the point.
Bill, my comment was clearly direct at Sockeye, not you. If you read his comment, and then Husky's reply, you'll understand the context.

The break thrus have all been mild cases.
how-to-make-baby-laugh_w555_h555.jpg

I haven't really seen much to suggest the ADE problem exists. The efficacy clearly declines quickly after a few months, but even in Israel and the UK where there's significant spread among vaccinated people, the rates of hospitalization are still significantly higher in the unvaccinated there. If ADE was a real problem with these vaccines, that gap wouldn't be as wide as it is (or in time would go the other way).

Also, we should all pray that ADE doesn't ever become an actual issue with these vaccines.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
Oklahoma August stats show about 4.87% of Covid cases were break trough, also shows about 6.7% of hospitalization are break through cases.

Shot might reduce risk of getting sick, but once sick just as likely to be hospitalized.
Did you read that correctly? What it says is that 95 % of people nfected are unvaccinated and only 7% of the hospital cases are vaccinated. These are likely people with major health[roblems.

Did you read that correctly? What it says is that 95 % of people nfected are unvaccinated and only 7% of the hospital cases are vaccinated. These are likely people with major health[roblems.
Ed Orgeron is going to get jealous if you keep straying away from his flock and into this new one.

Ed Orgeron is going to get jealous if you keep straying away from his flock and into this new one.
Yep and a beautiful small child just died in Galveston County, Texas because she caught the Covid D probably because not enough people were vaccinated to keep it from spreading. She was perfectly healthy and it was just too much for her small body. I believe she may be the youngest person to die from Covid. More is probably coming.

With 95% of the people getting it being unvaccinated we could have stopped the spread of this thing. I could cry.

Last edited:
Yep and a beautiful small child just died in Galveston County, Texas because she caught the Covid D probably because not enough people were vaccinated to keep it from spreading. She was perfectly healthy and it was just too much for her small body. I believe she may be the youngest person to die from Covid. More is probably coming.

With 95% of the people getting it being invacinated unvaccinated we could have stopped the spread of this thing. I could cry.

The girl dying is a tragedy. Thank god we don't report on every pediatric flu or RSV death in this country, parents would be terrified every time their kid got a sniffle.

Your 95% number isn't even close to being correct.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
The girl dying is a tragedy. Thank god we don't report on every pediatric flu or RSV death in this country, parents would be terrified every time their kid got a sniffle.

Your 95% number isn't even close to being correct.
Read the article. But that’s beside the point. The % is close enough the spread would not have been the major problem it has become. So your idea is to don’t worry about any new disease to come along and kill a few children because we have some doing that anyway. That’s exactly the inference of your statement. This thing may not stop killing children. It could be just starting. That was a very healthy child.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT