ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country Districts

Well, for one, I know the Bishop Garrigan and Algona Public school kids - not all - run a race (Tornado Alley maybe) to help support the community of Algona during the season. They do it for fun and to help the community. We used to have an Around the Lake run at Kennedy Park. First the community organized it, then SE took it over. We had SE and FDSH kids compete. In fact, Rebekah Topham ran there -before her hs days, first time I saw her run.

Well, I met up with Dan on workout days as well and we'd do stuff together. I had no one to push me, and I was the closest thing to pushing him-which still wasn't all that close. I was aware of the rule at the time, which is why we met up during our runs at the end of a warmup (sorry coach,) and maybe it was a competitive advantage. I'm perfectly fine with that, no different than another team having a great coach and another team having a real crappy one. Point I guess I'm making is I'm sure this rule is broken on a regular basis.

I get, and agree, with not being able to practice on a district or state course unless it is your home course. Not being able to run/practice with runners from other teams is silly. The governing body tries too much to lump xc/track in with the main stream sports and apply the same rules, when they are vastly different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT