ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats, Tide.

Both teams should be in the playoff. Maybe Louisville can win and Iowa do the unthinkable
In many years there’d be a strong argument. Georgia got left out in 2018 in similar circumstances. But there’s more 1 loss teams out there this year and I don’t give a fvck what anyone says there’s a strong desire to leave the SEC out this year.

In many years there’d be a strong argument. Georgia got left out in 2018 in similar circumstances. But there’s more 1 loss teams out there this year and I don’t give a fvck what anyone says there’s a strong desire to leave the SEC out this year.
Agreed, I think the best three teams in the nation have played today. The two we just watched and Tx. Tx will be in before Ga or Al would be my guess due to sec fatigue .

I'm pulling for Michigan and FSU just to see heads explode.

Both teams should be in the playoff. Maybe Louisville can win and Iowa do the unthinkable
oh-hell-yeah-wrestling.gif

Was listening to the talking heads, they’re almost unanimous, WA, MI, TX & AL

Yep… it’s like a national media campaign

You better gird your loins, because with three undefeated‘s, the committee may look at Texas holding the head to head against Bama. Anti-SEC bias is real.
It would be a gutless easy decision to leave Bama out, but that’s the perfect decision for a committee composed of current and former university bureaucrats
This man speaks the truth... the committee has a lot of wokeness mixed in and that probably isn't good for the SEC.

This man speaks the truth... the committee has a lot of wokeness mixed in and that probably isn't good for the SEC.

As I labelled it yesterday, it's the 2023 DEI Playoff if they leave Bama out.

My only concern is how idiotic this committee has sounded answering questions and the fact they had Oregon ahead of UT and Bama in the last few weeks.

My only concern is how idiotic this committee has sounded answering questions and the fact they had Oregon ahead of UT and Bama in the last few weeks.
Typically I'd agree with the DEI stuff, but this is just too black & white (see what I did there?)... there is no way they are going with some subjective argument to eliminate FSU, and TX beat UAT so there you go. End of story.

Curious how yesterday the former players and coaches (turned broadcasters) to a man said the winner of the SECCG deserves in.

But…..enter in politics

Typically I'd agree with the DEI stuff, but this is just too black & white (see what I did there?)... there is no way they are going with some subjective argument to eliminate FSU, and TX beat UAT so there you go. End of story.

Everybody that has watched FSU's last couple games knows they should be left out. Nobody that actually watched that game last night wants to watch FSU in the playoffs, they just want to see the SEC/Bama left out.

I'm still convinced Bama comes in at #3 today. FSU/UT for the 4th spot.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Curious how yesterday the former players and coaches (turned broadcasters) to a man said the winner of the SECCG deserves in.
I agree! But you can't use reason or logic to justify that. Undefeated Conf Champs simply get it in... TX beat spuat on the field. Done.
We can argue all the subjective stuff 'till the cows come home... doesn't overcome the above.

And as with real life the so-called victims aim to create DEI by excluding others purposely and with malice.

You better gird your loins, because with three undefeated‘s, the committee may look at Texas holding the head to head against Bama. Anti-SEC bias is real.

It would be a gutless easy decision to leave Bama out, but that’s the perfect decision for a committee composed of current and former university bureaucrats

I hear you and don't even really disagree with what you're saying...but I just don't believe that they'd actually do it. They'd have a serious credibility issue.

The temptation is there but Bama is in imho.

You better gird your loins

Loins girded btw. If we aren't in, fine...the whole thing would be a joke at that point. AP poll (meaningless mostly) is out. LMAO

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU
Bama

How do you put UTx a spot ahead of FSU but Bama a spot below? 😂 What's the logic there?

Loins girded btw. If we aren't in, fine...the whole thing would be a joke at that point. AP poll (meaningless mostly) is out. LMAO

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU
Bama

How do you put UTx a spot ahead of FSU but Bama a spot below? 😂 What's the logic there?

The media is pearl clutching that early September Bama/UT game. You can make the argument for UT over Bama, but you can't make the argument for UT over FSU and not include Bama over FSU too.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I hear you and don't even really disagree with what you're saying...but I just don't believe that they'd actually do it. They'd have a serious credibility issue.

The temptation is there but Bama is in imho.
Credibility ? Ok…. If you say so. But I think they’re going to satisfy the ACC phags and screw Bama…. And then spin it as the SECs fault for not being stronger about a 12 team playoff…. When in fact it was was the “ACC-B1G-PAC” pact that schit-canned expansion

Mark my words, the other conferences will
Love sticking a middle finger into the SEC eye before playoff expansion

The media is pearl clutching that early September Bama/UT game. You can make the argument for UT over Bama, but you can't make the argument for UT over FSU and not include Bama over FSU too.

Exactly...clutch those pearls all you like over our loss. UTx had a worse loss and no win as impressive as UGA...other than their win vs Bama.

Their entire argument is arguing with their argument. 😂

Credibility ? Ok…. If you say so. But I think they’re going to satisfy the ACC phags and screw Bama…. And then spin it as the SECs fault for not being stronger about a 12 team playoff…. When in fact it was was the “ACC-B1G-PAC” pact that schit-canned expansion

Oh that part is absolutely in play. You can see it on twitter and other social media. Nobody believes FSU is a top 4 team, nobody really wants to see them get waxed in the playoff.....but they want to phuck over the SEC/Bama far more than they care about FSU.

If they do, the "champs" will live with their *.

I still don't believe it though. I might be a moronic glass half-full kind of guy but they're going to have to prove to me that they're this short sighted.

BTW...this....

Michigan
Washington
FSU
UTx

...would still be moronic but certainly less moronic than having UTx ahead of FSU while leaving Bama out. 😂

Are they just gonna ignore UT lost to a mediocre OU? Apparently.

13 of the last 17 national champs have come from the SEC (6 out of 9 during playoff era)...but sure, leave a 1 loss SEC Champ out. Makes sense. 😂
You actually make a point for WHY the committee will leave the SEC Champ out... unfortunately.

You actually make a point for WHY the committee will leave the SEC Champ out... unfortunately.

Only if you actually believe that they actively don't want to include the best 4 teams. I don't believe that. Some here do and I understand....I just disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT