ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 22-23

It wouldn't surprise me if Ankeny hired from within, maybe even Coach Nelson's son. But I think there are some qualified assistants there. But at the same time I am sure they will have a quality applicants from the outside as well.

Ankeny has some strong internal candidates, including both Coordinators (Nick Nelson being one of them). I would imagine the hire comes from within, but nonetheless a big time job open in the state.

Ankeny has some strong internal candidates, including both Coordinators (Nick Nelson being one of them). I would imagine the hire comes from within, but nonetheless a big time job open in the state.
I believe Nick Nelson can't because of his role within the school and they gave him a one-year exemption to coach this year. The school board will need to change its policy. I think that it would be hard to keep the staff together. I have also heard that they have almost come to blows during practice.

Central Lee, they had a very good coach for a few years in the early part of this decade, but other than that they have struggled.

I have not seen anything posted on any of the jobs being filled. Some of these jobs (Mason City, Perry etc) have been posted for a couple months now.

I heard that the Alburnett Job is now open, that's a growing school just north of Cedar Rapids. I think they will be a 1A football school and 2A in most other sports.

Alburnett has had a ton of coaches go through in the last ten years or so. They seem to be very hard on their football coaches.

Alburnett has had a ton of coaches go through in the last ten years or so. They seem to be very hard on their football coaches.
I don't think he is leaving because of any issues, I had heard it was to spend more time with family. Also in that same district has anyone heard anything about Lisbon, at one time I had heard that coach was leaving but hadnt heard anything for awhile.

Haven't seen anything about Alburnett on Teach Iowa yet, but did just see Lisbon posted.

Haven't seen anything about Alburnett on Teach Iowa yet, but did just see Lisbon posted.
The Alburnett coach had something out on social media and their team page maybe not quite a month ago that he was leaving.
Lisbon was posted today
This one kind of surprises me, they have tremendous facilities and always seem to have athletes. This will be an interesting hire or not sure if any asst coaches would be considered.

Reactions: IGo42
The Alburnett coach had something out on social media and their team page maybe not quite a month ago that he was leaving.

This one kind of surprises me, they have tremendous facilities and always seem to have athletes. This will be an interesting hire or not sure if any asst coaches would be considered.
Thanks for the clarification. Both Alburnett and Lisbon surprised me. Both were having success, but families and other factors also play a role.

I'm assuming no or someone would have posted, but anyone heard anything on Mt. Pleasant? I'm surprised at how quiet that one has been.

Forest City is a job that I think if they got the right coach in there they could really be successful. They have good facilities, and tend to have a number of athletes. Coach Moore had some success there but it did seem like it was time for a fresh start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT