ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches

Jeremy Petry @ CBSA doesn't have much experience but bleeds green and gold. He'll keep the program at a very high level. Parents and players love him!

Paper said he stepped down to spend more time with family. I think all the other coaches on this side of the state have pretty much stayed the same.

Any word on hires at Kingsley Pierson, Tipton, Hinton, Van meter, Springville, sioux city west?

Nothing on SC West yet... heard they had it down to two but no official word on which was chosen...

That's either a terrific opportunity or a live grenade to be jumped on... They've been young for a lot of years and the Westside little league won the state title this past summer. Those kids would be eligible for HS baseball this year so maybe there is some talent coming up in the ranks. Would like to see them get a young coach from outside the system that is willing to stick with it for 3-4 years and see what happens. The MRAC needs all of their teams to be more competitive with each other so they can be more competitive with the CIML/state.

I heard a rumor recently that Cale Kramer is the new Hinton coach. He was an assistant at Sioux City East a decade ago. It is only an unverified rumor at this point though.

I haven't heard anything about Kingsley yet.

Originally posted by mntwinsrule:
Almost all the kids on that Westside Little League team were from Dakota Valley I believe.
That'd make it a live grenade then... I really would like to see them improve, best of luck to whoever gets/takes the job!

Cale is definitely the new coach. He'll do excellent!

And yes, almost the entire Westside Little League roster was from Dakota Valley.

How about old coaches? We all know that Fitzgerald at Bettendorf will make his team worse than they should be. Complete garbage. How a school that takes such pride in athletics keeps him around is beyond me.

I have no knowledge of eastern Iowa baseball teams... you sound a bit jaded. Personal experience or vicariously scorned?

Not sure I agree with that Husker.
Last couple of years Bett was a win or two away from state berth.
They should be very good this year. Albert, Hill, Ulrich & Klabunde should lead them to compete for MAC title this year.

Best coach in MAC is probably Argo and Co over at Assumption.

Former IC West assistant Steve Gibson is taking over a Lone Tree squad that returns all but two players from a line-up that fell to Lisbon in last years District #8 final.

Beau Brown (currently a Sr. @ Briar Cliff) will be the new SC West baseball coach this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT