ADVERTISEMENT

class of 2008

larrymullenjr

Freshman
Mar 6, 2006
Who are the best players of the class of 2008.

This post was edited on 2/2 11:23 AM by larrymullenjrif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

What club team do you play for? If you don't play club, you aren't, club is where the high level play is.
This post was edited on 2/4 12:42 AM by husker_4 lifeif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i thought it said "who are the players of 2008." my bad.

but yeah i used to. Cedar Valley Vipers. State Champions 2001?

Yeah you USED to, back in '01, and all you play is high school now and you are going to call yourself the best junior in the state. Hahahahahahaha! That just means you haven't been playing the best competition in about six years.

When I saw the ? at the end of your post, I immediately saw it as you trying to be a smartass. if im not mistaken winning state in '01 which would mean in about sixth grade, isn't exactly a huge accomplishment. But maybe it was a typo. If it was I apologize, and you can disreguard this post.

connor wilson... best player in state this year as well as gonna be best player in state next year to. if you play soccer against linn mar this year be afriad...be very afriad. he has unbelivable talent.

I cant believe no ones said Thomas Ostrander yet! First off i wanna start off by saying hes sick nasty. Ive seen him bicycle kick it 3/4's of the field and hit the corner of the goal. Ive seen him score on an inbounds kick. Hell, ive even seen this kid trisect an angle!! You just better watch out for this kid.

I think thomas is a great guy, and he's a good player too. But bicycle 3/4 the field and hitting the goal? you're bsing us. Most players in high school can't even kick it half the field.

NrwlkGrassFerry I would like you to look up sarcasm in the dictionary, then reread throwitdown's thread. Seriously, however, I have heard TOstrander is pretty good too, what are people from the CIML's thoughts.

Burlington has junior forawrd Matt Roberts who is probably right up there with the best of 2008...Natural goal scorer, led our team in scoring last year as a sophmore

Brandon Cook of Bondurant-Farrar is a stud. He scored 32 or 33 goals last season. I'm assuming he'll have an even bigger upcoming Senior year w/ the Jays.

yea he is not bad when is playing against subpar teams and he can score allot of goals since they really don't play top level teams. Oh yea they play there home games on that U11 field not even as big as a football field. Just because you score goals does not make you a good soccer player. Goals get your name in the paper but defense wins games!
we all know that the best players play on the back line.

this is an easy one, Tony Maxey-Dowling Catholic
when you watch him play, he dominates with his size, speed, ability to control the ball, and he plays harder than anyone I have ever seen play soccer. He plays with passion as well. With Teeling, Thelen, Kyalalangalyliwa, and Dunbar all gone, he will get a lot more opportunities to come up and shoot the ball.

I heard Maxey is going to try to play for the PDL menace instead and not go out for high school, last summer he played on the super 20's and there was only two other high school player's on that team rest were college players so he has a good chance with the PDL team

Mirland Alimi from AP is a returning All- Stater. Mirland plans on going back to his home country Massadonia next year to play for his countries soccer team. Mirland is an amazing player. his feet work is hands down along with every other aspect of the game.

Christian Palacios is a foreign exchange student that is at AP right now. He is from santiago, chile.aka south america. Nickname "chile" says that he was an all-american in south america. he averages 3.99 goals a game with a total of 36 goals. the problem is he didnt play all the games. he was inelgable for 1/3 of the season. as of right now he is the best soccer player in AP history and possible the whole state of iowa.

Ryder plays for Davenport Central. Is he class of 2008? I thought he was younger. I have seen him play and I didn't think his footwork was that great. He plays well but I wouldn't say he's a standout.

Here's a list of CRSA players (from CRSA Feb. Newsletter) that have signed to play college with the exception of Ian Christianson (2009) who is living in IL playing with the Chicago Fire (MLS club team) and Drew Russell (2009) who is in Canada and signed a contract with the Vancouver Whitecaps (USL professional team).
Note: I believe that Lance Rozeboom graduated early, in December, and is already down in New Mexico.

BOYS
? Ian Christianson ? Chicago Fire Academy (residency), Chicago, Illinois
? AJ Konchar ? University of Wisconsin, - Green Bay, Green Bay, Wisconsin
? Hunter Kennedy ? Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
? Derek Oemann ? Upper Iowa University, Fayette, Iowa
? Lance Rozeboom ? University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
? Drew Russell ? Vancouver Whitecaps (residency), Vancouver, BC, Canada
? Scott Waggoner ? Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
? Alex Winn ? Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
? Kyle Zobeck ? Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
? Joe Frerichs, Chris Yossi and Dave Schmidt ? are considering several opportunities, but remain undecided.
GIRLS
? Ali Schmitt ? Augustana, Sioux City, South Dakota
? Jess Macauley ? Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa
? Jena McDermott ? Winona State, Winona, MN
? Jessica Dodds ? Augustana, Rock Island, Illinois
? Mackenzie Moore ? Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa
? Taylor Vermie ? Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa
? Suzy Levett ? University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
? Morgan Showalter ? University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
? Brittany Pokorny ? Grandview College, Des Moines, Iowa
? Haley Hergert, Jessica Powers and Sarah Gerard ? are considering several opportunities, but remain undecided.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT