LOMA 4-3

Matchups

Guthrie Center @ AHST
Woodward Granger @ East Mills
Oakland Riverside @ Madrid
LOMA @ Audubon

This post was edited on 10/22 11:14 AM by usfhawk

Re: Class A Playoff Predictions

giving Lawton Bronson no credit again. they have great shot at beating west lyon tonight and finishing unbeaten in district 1!!

west lyon qb is coming off of injury and won't be the same. GO EAGLES!!!!

GMG will get the 3rd or 4th spot in district 4! They will get district wins against Iowa Valley and BCLUW, and an outside shot at Gladbrook Reinbeck on the final week.

Both of these last two posts I shake my head at

I don't think it is giving L-B no respect by saying they will finish 6-1 in district, I don't believe that it says any where that these are guaranteed

GMG has a shot to beat BCLUW but no shot against G-R, but I would agree with the prediction that BCL pulls that out in a close game.

USF these look pretty close

I'd say these look to be pretty accurate. Not sure how going 6-1 in the district isn't giving any respect. It does say at the top "predictions"

UMMMMMM.......what was the score of the WL vs LB game last year..... And mostly the same cast of characters????? How does the out come change much????? I understand cheering on your team but make sure your being realistic. If you beat WL this year then you will get respect for that. Just like Hayden Fry use to say, "If you done it, you aint bragging" just make sure you do it before you spout off to much.

Again these are just predictions from me. More for conversation than anything. Lawton is a talented team and will have a chance to knock off West Lyon tonight. They may be looking for payback after last year's game, but will stick with my prediction of West Lyon in this one.

gmg- GMG has turned things around this year but still do not see them making it in. For a team that was 1-8 last year they are doing some great things. Their game against BCLUW will be the deciding game for them.

If these predictions hold there could be some interesting 1st round games.

Newman @ West Lyon
Hinton @ Bishop Garrigan
East Mills @ Woodward Granger
Madrid @ Griswold

If anything, usfhawk's posts are way humble. One more time: If I had a farm, I would bet it that West Lyon takes the 2013 Class A FB title.

LBDominator12,

Please quit Posting.
You are truly embaressing....

Your biased comments has No credibility with the Posters in this forum.

I have 1 question for you....
When Has LB EVER Beat WL?
Never.

So until that happens, Credit is earned, Not given.

Zip it.

Iron Doc,

I agree. No matter what happens tonight, LB win or Not.. WL are the favorites for sure.

This post was edited on 10/11 1:05 PM by Iowascout

This post was edited on 10/11 1:06 PM by Iowascout

Doc I am not quite sure I would bet a farm, I think there are a few teams with a say, but yes they are a favorite.

The Lawton poster, I'm sure is a 14 yr old kid ranting at school. Although, I'd like to think Wapsie has a sight set on another title Iron Doc ;)

In all honesty competitive football is the best, no matter who wins the ship this year, I'm sure we'll all enjoy one hell of a game.

It's OK; it's not like I have a farm.

However, I nearly planted a cornstalk ahead of the house this year. The local lumberyard did, which I think was clever. :)

D7
Looks good as long as Guthrie Center beats Earlham this Friday. Winner of that game would be the 4 seed.

D8
LoMa plays AHST and Griswold. Griswold plays LoMa and East Mills. If Griswold, LoMa, and Riverside all lose their last 2 games, Gris and LoMa will both lose the tie breaker with Riverside since Riverside beat both of them. Riverside plays Westwood and West Monona, so they have a good shot at winning both games anyway, and at least 1 of the 2. THey are assured to make playoffs. I see it coming down this way.

AHST 7-0
East Mills 5-2
Riverside 5-2
Winner of Griswold v LoMa 4-3 The loser would be out of playoffs.

Keep up the good work USFHawk

I could see Griswold beating out Logan for 4th

This post was edited on 10/13 10:07 PM by vikingfan13

This post was edited on 10/13 10:10 PM by vikingfan13

I agree D8 needs to be adjusted. With a win Friday Oakland Riverside is in the playoffs.

My question is, how good is AHST? State semis type team?

I think they are a good choice to go with for state semis. If they would have to play Griswold again in the playoffs, it would be a good game. Griswold played the best against them as opposed to other teams during this year. Riverside beating Griswold was a shock to me because Griswold was a much better team against AHST.

Anyone see a 1 vs 4 upset that could occur or are those games really still just pointless? I'd like to hear thoughts.

This post was edited on 10/14 1:52 PM by Hickory0

D8 4th place (Griswold or Logan most likely) vs D7 1st place Audubon. I wouldn't really consider it to be much of an upset because D7 is way down it seems like.

I'm expecting D8 to win out against D7 in the first round of playoffs. D8 has been CRAZY this year!! Lots of upsets.

No way D8 sweeps D7. D8 is not as good as everyone is claiming. AHST is a good team, and I'll even give it to East Mills, but after that is a lot of mediocre teams.

Audubon only lost to Oakland by 1, on the road, with their star QB out, and a WR running their spread offense. Not surprisingly, the offense didn't work quite as well. AHST beat them by 20, in Smith's first game back at QB and he played a little rusty: 3 interceptions. Tough to beat a good team with a -3 turnover margin.

I see the playoff scenario as follows:

Earlham @ AHST - AHST's veer offense will be tough for Earlham to slow down, but Earlham's size should allow them to keep it relatively close. - AHST by 21

Woodward Granger @ East Mills - It pains me to say, but I think WG could actually win this game. If they get Nieland the ball and stick to the gameplan running the football, they should be in it at the end. East Mills is no slouch, but I think WG has the playoff experience to pull out a win. WG by 6

Oakland, Riverside @ Madrid - Madrid is getting the offense rolling lately and I just can't see Oakland stopping them enough to win the game. Madrid by 21

Griswold/Logan @ Audubon - Audubon will have their hands full with either team, and will see the wishbone either way. They stopped Madrid earlier in the year, but had a lot of help with 5 Madrid turnovers. I see this being a close game, and wouldn't be surprised to see this as an upset, but I think I will stick with Audubon pulling out a close one. Audubon by 2.

2nd Round would be Madrid @ AHST and WG @ Audubon.

That is just my opinion. EM's defense is STOUT and this Friday their original starting lineup should be back so hopefully they'll get back on track. And if AHST is a semi's team then one could argue that EM or Griswold is too account the fact that AHST is not steamrolling through the district. Don't know much about districts far away of course but it seems some teams are never as good as touted and some are better than touted...

Your D7/D8 games are wrong according to your predicted standings. Riverside would be at Madrid and LoMa would be at Audubon.

If USF has all the matchups and that is an if, but they seem like they will be pretty close I would say ranking 1vs4 most likely upset to least likely would be like this

1. Lynnville Sully over Lisbon- L-S has a good deal of talent in a meat grinder of a district, and Monte could be this team as well
2. LoMa over Audubon- LoMa has a bunch of playoff experience and always is solid, Audubon is a bit unknown
3. West Sioux over AGSWR- AGSWR is a solid team but very one dimensional, West Sioux has had the harder schedule
4. Newman over West Lyon- I really don't see it, but Newman has some talent, and is a good 4 seed
5. Guthrie Center over AHST- Seems more likely than the other 3
6. Postville over G-R
7. Belle Plaine over Wapsie
8. Van Buren over BGM- Upset of the year if this happened, although maybe Van Buren is starting to get some talent through the system, they were runners up in baseball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT