ADVERTISEMENT

Class A District Champion Thread

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
1. St. Albert, a lot coming back, and their always tough
2. Lawton Bronson, had a lot of youth contribute last year
3. Garrigan, a lot of questions in this district, the Golden Bears are always solid and return Wadle
4. Gladbrook-Reinbeck, lose their back, return just about everyone else
5. Maquoketa Valley, Ryan Parmely carries this team
6. Pekin, best team on paper, Waco is alway tough though
7. BGM, Bears lose a lot but I don't see anyone over taking them
8. Nodaway Valley, I don't see a lot in this district

Should be an exciting season in Class A.

I agree with PNation about the top teams.

Don't sleep on Wapsie Valley in D5.They have a tough schedule and will be tough come playoff time.

D5 looks to a tough district.
This post was edited on 7/13 12:37 PM by IASPORT

Try not to overlook mt ayr this year. Lost key players but.Will be a blessing in disguise for them. Brought almost all their size back

Originally posted by IASPORT:

Should be an exciting season in Class A.

I agree with PNation about the top teams.

Don't sleep on Wapsie Valley in D5.They have a tough schedule and will be tough come playoff time.

D5 looks to a tough district.
This post was edited on 7/13 12:37 PM by IASPORT
Wapsie is in District 4, which could definitely be pretty tough with WV, Gladbrook and North Tama. But Maquoketa Valley should run away with D5, unless Lisbon's got some young talent ready to step up.

I think GMG stands a great chance of winning district 7 this year. We have a QB that could throw for 2500 yards, and a WR that could get 1000 of those yards. I see this district coming down to week 5 with the BGM matchup in Brooklyn. That game will decide district 7!!

That's probably pretty accurate. That district is one of the weakest in Class A, and nobody brings a ton back. BGM is going to have a lot of wood to chop after losing that great senior class.

Originally posted by gmgwolverine05:
I think GMG stands a great chance of winning district 7 this year. We have a QB that could throw for 2500 yards, and a WR that could get 1000 of those yards. I see this district coming down to week 5 with the BGM matchup in Brooklyn. That game will decide district 7!!
Much like last year, I see GMG struggling to go .500 at best. BGM will take GMG and the rest of the district to the woodshed IMO even with the losses of Kline, Hawkins, Kriegel, Gritsch and Freese among others.

Coach Burns is going to establish a stout run game like he has for the past couple years along with his best athlete as their "Bearcat" package QB. It as always will be tough to score on the Bears.

Originally posted by GOPANTHERS23:
Both play in the worst district in class a

This post was edited on 7/30 12:50 AM by GOPANTHERS23
I see somebody is still a little butt hurt about the semis but yes you could make the argument their district is the weakest in A.

Honestly, how many good districts are there in Class A? This is almost always a very weak class, with a small handful of legitimately good teams and a lot of nothing making up the rest.

If I had to rank the districts I would go

District 4- This district has 4 good teams (on paper in G-R, Wapsie, Grundy, and AGWSR)
District 2- The NW district in the state is always salty, maybe a little down losing West Lyon
District 3- I really don't see a "bad' team here, as I expect 0-9 West Hancock to be improved
District 1- Same as district 3, there have been rumors of lack of numbers of St. Albert, so that could be interesting
District 5- Two good teams in Maq Valley, and Lisbon, but then I don't see a ton after that
District 7- After BGM this district is very competitive, but I don't know if that means quality
District 8- Who's going to win this district? I really don't know
District 6- After Pekin, and WACO there is some big time question marks

Originally posted by SICL Cares:

Originally posted by GOPANTHERS23:
Both play in the worst district in class a

This post was edited on 7/30 12:50 AM by GOPANTHERS23
I see somebody is still a little butt hurt about the semis but yes you could make the argument their district is the weakest in A.
haha you said butt

Originally posted by PNation:
If I had to rank the districts I would go

District 4- This district has 4 good teams (on paper in G-R, Wapsie, Grundy, and AGWSR)
District 2- The NW district in the state is always salty, maybe a little down losing West Lyon
District 3- I really don't see a "bad' team here, as I expect 0-9 West Hancock to be improved
District 1- Same as district 3, there have been rumors of lack of numbers of St. Albert, so that could be interesting
District 5- Two good teams in Maq Valley, and Lisbon, but then I don't see a ton after that
District 7- After BGM this district is very competitive, but I don't know if that means quality
District 8- Who's going to win this district? I really don't know
District 6- After Pekin, and WACO there is some big time question marks
District 2 might be weaker than you expect, though. It should be very competitive; I can't really pick out a clear favorite. But I don't think any of the teams look like they'll be all that strong. South O'Brien lost a ton, and Sioux Central only really brings back Tripp. Lawton-Bronson and West Sioux look like they bring back the most, but I'm not sold on either being that tough in the playoffs.

District 4-Definitely the best top 4, and BCLUW could steal a playoff spot with an upset or two. I think they would be a solid bet to make the playoffs if they played in just about any other district.
District 3-The top three (IMO) of Nashua, Belmond and Garrigan could all be pretty salty
District 1- Even with the rumored low numbers at St. Albert, this is a pretty solid top 4. I've got CBSA, Lo-Ma, Westwood and Audubon making the playoffs.
District 2- Don't think I can put them any higher than this, not without a team that stands out among the rest.
District 5- Like you said, it looks like Maq Valley/Lisbon and not much after that.
District 6- I think Van Buren and Lone Tree both bring back enough to be respectable
District 7/8-Tough to pick between the two. BGM and Mount Ayr should both come out of their districts easily, but I don't think either will fare well in the semis.

Originally posted by PNation:
1. St. Albert, a lot coming back, and their always tough
2. Lawton Bronson, had a lot of youth contribute last year
3. Garrigan, a lot of questions in this district, the Golden Bears are always solid and return Wadle
4. Gladbrook-Reinbeck, lose their back, return just about everyone else
5. Maquoketa Valley, Ryan Parmely carries this team
6. Pekin, best team on paper, Waco is alway tough though
7. BGM, Bears lose a lot but I don't see anyone over taking them
8. Nodaway Valley, I don't see a lot in this district
Interesting that a class A school has a lot coming back when they graduate 21 athletes.

I'm going with

1. Logan-Magnolia
2. Lawton Bronson
3. Garrigan
4. AGWSR
5. Maquoketa Valley
6. Pekin
7. BGM
8. Mount Ayr

Interested to see what mtayr does this year. They return their size and a little speed. I think losing sobotka is a blessing in disguise. Kid was good, but made mt Ayr completely one dimensional. They should be one of the biggest teams in state just my observation. Thoughts.

Mount Ayr's defense, in particular, could be downright nasty. I'm picking them to go to the Dome; I think they've got more to work with than BGM, and those are clearly the two best teams in those districts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT