ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2A/1A/A dividing point

It is hard to make reasonable districts of 8 in some areas of the state in all classes

It is hard to make reasonable districts of 8 in some areas of the state in all classes

I agree. I was looking through teams in NW Iowa. Not a lot of teams to choose from. Looks like there will be a lot of traveling again this fall!

I love the work that some of you have done with trying to predict the classes, because I do enjoy trying to figure out districts and see how close I can be to the IHSAA. However, I wonder if all sharing agreements have been taken into account because I'm pretty sure, for instance, Mt Ayr will be 1A because they share with Diagonal and that puts them way over 160, and just that 1 school can make a dramatic difference in how districts can look. Just an fyi. Be well all and 13 days and counting until we find out for sure. :)

But wouldn't they have been that agreement the last few years, Diagonal hasn't played football for a while, there are some of those small schools that I forgot to take off, and maybe you are right I don't know, I really don't know why the state can't release these numbers sooner, literally it takes about 1 minute to find the totals for 90% of the schools on a Xcel worksheet. The difficult ones are schools like Clarinda and Woodward Granger because of the academies in town count towards their BEDS but not participation and CAM of Anita would be like a 3A school because they are in charge of the states online school but of course none of those students count.

I just know that Mt Ayr and Diagonal's situation is they share football, so one would just have to combine their BEDS numbers for football. (They are not a whole grade sharing or consolidated district...just share football.) It would be similar to CMB, I believe those are still 2 separate school districts that just share all sports, so one always has to combine Collins-Maxwell with Baxter to get the accurate BEDS number for them.

Yeah I always knew about CMB, the state released the private schools a few days ago, or most of them anyway I think that Columbus will stay in 2A at 203 (tied with a few other schools) which because of the alphabet sends Underwood to 1A I believe.

Also, as I looked over the list closer, Woodward Academy has been left out...they will probably be 1A.

Confirmed A-P and Waterloo Columbus are both 2A at 203; Tipton is 1A at 202. Underwood is also at 203 but holds alpha tie-breaker so it's possible they could be largest 1A at 203 (I have them in 2A but not confirmed).

Still can't out recruit your Bears.
Do you talk about anything on this board other than recruiting, private schools, and how illegal West Branch is? It doesn't seem so. Your long-standing agenda seems to bring this up in every thread, no matter the subject.

We all get it by now. Enough.

Reactions: EIHCGuy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT